Recruitment Fair 2018
Herts for Learning is pleased to announce that they will be holding their annual Hertfordshire Teacher Recruitment Fair brought to you by Teach in Herts and Herts for Learning.
We are continuing with our award winning main Hertfordshire Teacher Recruitment Fair in Stevenage, which will feature a wide range of workshops, advice sessions and exhibiting schools. Last year we attracted nearly 600 delegates to this event.
Complete this delegate booking form to reserve your place
These recruitment fairs are an essential event for experienced, new, returning or overseas qualified teachers or for anyone interested in teaching as a career.
Now into their fourth year, this hugely enjoyable event is FREE to attend. There will be a series of workshops running designed to inform, inspire and to support delegates looking to enter the profession or further their career. This is also a fantastic event for teachers looking to return to the profession.
In addition to the workshops you can meet informally face to face with Hertfordshire schools who have current job vacancies. Please see the list of workshops below:
More detail and timings will be available closer to the event to allow you to plan your day. Please allow a minimum of 2 hours (most people stayed for 3 hours last year!) arriving no later than 12 noon. The majority of activities will take place between 10am and 1pm.
Workshops suitable for those interested in getting in to teaching from September 2018 onwards:
- Train to be a teacher: the routes available, NCTL, National College of Teaching and Learning
- My School Direct Journey – personal experiences of primary and secondary teachers following this route
- Graduate Teacher Apprenticeship, University of Hertfordshire
Advice available for those interested in getting in to teaching in 2018 from the following stands:
- University of Bedfordshire
- University of Cambridge
- University of Hertfordshire
- Acorns Teaching School Alliance – Early Years training places
- West Herts Teaching School Partnership – Primary
- The Wroxham Transformative Learning Alliance – Primary
- The Alban Federation – Secondary, All Through and Primary
- Bishops Stortford Educational Trust SCITT – Secondary and Primary
Workshops suitable for NQTs, returners, experienced teachers and leaders:
- An introduction to NQT induction in Hertfordshire
- Tips for applying for your first teaching post
- Hertfordshire: why it is the best place to teach
- Working in a Special Needs School
- Supporting returners and overseas qualified teachers
- Overseas qualified teachers – personal experiences of teaching in the UK
- UK Naric – the National Agency providing professional advice on overseas qualifications
How to progress your career advice available from the following stands:
- NCTL: Return to teaching
- Early Years team
- Primary team
- Secondary team
- Special School team
- SCHOOLS – with vacancies
Experienced teaching professionals from schools and the Herts for Learning Advisory team will be able to offer advice on the next steps to your teaching or leadership career. We suggest you attend the relevant workshop first as your questions may well be answered.
Once registered and closer to the event we will provide a more detailed programme so that you are able to plan and get the most out of your visit.
Frequently Asked Questions
Please see attached sheet.
FAQs for HDC attendees
How to get here