Recruitment Fair 2018
Herts for Learning is pleased to announce that they will be holding their annual Hertfordshire Teacher Recruitment Fair brought to you by Teach in Herts and Herts for Learning.
We are continuing with our award winning main Hertfordshire Teacher Recruitment Fair in Stevenage, which will feature a wide range of workshops, advice sessions and exhibiting schools. Last year we attracted nearly 600 delegates to this event.
*We have closed the fast track pre-registration form to allow us to prepare the fast track desk.
**It is not too late to come along and register on the day and bring a friend or colleague who is interested in attending. Last year our registration desk efficiently handled 150 drop in delegates - so you will be very welcome!
These recruitment fairs are an essential event for experienced, new, returning or overseas qualified teachers or for anyone interested in teaching as a career.
Now into their fourth year, this hugely enjoyable event is FREE to attend. There will be a series of workshops running designed to inform, inspire and to support delegates looking to enter the profession or further their career. This is also a fantastic event for teachers looking to return to the profession.
Programme and workshops
In addition to the workshops you can meet informally face to face with Hertfordshire schools who have current job vacancies. Full details of the programme are available to download below:
Please allow a minimum of 2 hours (most people stayed for 3 hours last year!) arriving no later than 12 noon. The majority of activities will take place between 10am and 1pm.
Workshops suitable for those interested in getting in to teaching from September 2018 onwards:
- Train to be a teacher: the routes available, DfE, Department for Education
- My School Direct Journey – personal experiences of primary and secondary teachers following this route
- Graduate Teacher Apprenticeship, University of Hertfordshire
Advice available for those interested in getting in to teaching in 2018 from the following stands:
- University of Bedfordshire
- University of Cambridge
- University of Hertfordshire
- Acorns Teaching School Alliance – Early Years training places
- West Herts Teaching School Partnership – Primary
- The Wroxham Transformative Learning Alliance – Primary
- The Alban Federation – Secondary, All Through and Primary
- Bishops Stortford Educational Trust SCITT – Secondary and Primary
- Dacorum Teaching School Alliance - Secondary
- UK Naric – the National Agency providing professional advice on overseas qualifications
Workshops suitable for NQTs, returners, experienced teachers and leaders:
- An introduction to NQT induction in Hertfordshire
- Tips for applying for your first teaching post
- Hertfordshire: why it is the best place to teach
- Working in a Special Needs School
- Supporting returners and overseas qualified teachers
- Overseas qualified teachers – personal experiences of teaching in the UK
How to progress your career advice available from the following stands:
- DfE, Department for Education: Return to teaching
- Early Years team
- Primary team
- Secondary team
- Special School team
- Schools – with vacancies
Experienced teaching professionals from schools and the Herts for Learning Advisory team will be able to offer advice on the next steps to your teaching or leadership career. We suggest you attend the relevant workshop first as your questions may well be answered.
Once registered and closer to the event we will provide a more detailed programme so that you are able to plan and get the most out of your visit.
Schools attending the Recruitment Fair
The following schools will have stands at the fair and are looking to recruit.
Frequently Asked Questions
FAQs for Recruitment Fair 2018 attendees at HDC, Stevenage (pdf/362kb)
How to get here