Overseas qualified teachers

Have you considered progressing your teaching career in England?

As a talented, qualified teacher, you are in demand. Making the move to England is a great way to gain experience at the start of your career and build your resumé. The education system in England is dynamic and diverse where talented teachers can progress quickly.

There’s lots of support available to get more great maths and physics teachers into England’s schools over the next five years. Teachers of these subjects are considered skilled workers by the Home Office, so obtaining a work visa is easier.

You must have qualified teacher status (QTS) to take up a teaching post in England in a maintained school or non-maintained special school. The same requirement to hold QTS is not in place for free schools or for academies (depending on their funding agreement).

The Teaching Regulation Agency (TRA), an executive agency of the Department for Education, is the awarding body for QTS.