If you are looking for supply work in Hertfordshire there are two options available.
1. Apply directly to schools
You can contact schools directly to offer your services as a supply teacher. We recommend that you send your CV and a covering letter to your selected schools.
In order for a school to consider you as a supply teacher, you will have to have a current DBS certificate relevant to the authority you are applying to, have references that are current and can be easily checked, and consider how the school will be paying for your service. You might in some instances have to be self-employed.
2. Register with one or more supply agencies
When a school is looking at candidates from an agency, there are several aspects they have to consider:
- Value for money – whether you are worth the daily fee
- Commitment – whether you are committed to doing the best job possible
- Ability – whether you are able to fulfil the job criteria
- Expectations – whether you fulfil the expectations of the post
A large number of supply agencies operate within the Hertfordshire area. We recommend the following four agencies, who are on the approved HFL Supply Framework, all of which offer excellent value and high standards for both the schools and supply staff that they work with. Please contact them directly using the details below:
Tel: 01923 281 040 Email: email@example.com
Tel: 01992 611 902 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Primary - 01438 525830 Secondary - 01707 527430 Email: email@example.com
Tel: 01582 811878 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org