If you are looking for supply work in Hertfordshire there are two options available.
1. Apply directly to schools
You can contact schools directly to offer your services as a supply teacher. We recommend that you send your CV and a covering letter to your selected schools.
In order for a school to consider you as a supply teacher, you will have to have a current DBS certificate relevant to the authority you are applying to: have references that are current and can be easily checked, and consider how the school will be paying for your service. You might in some instances have to be self-employed.
2. Register with one or more supply agencies
A large number of supply agencies operate within Hertfordshire, each offering a different service. You will need to decide which agencies suit your needs and requirements.
When a school is looking at candidates from an agency, there are several aspects they have to consider:
- Value for money – whether you are worth the daily fee
- Commitment – whether you are committed to doing the best job possible
- Ability – whether you are able to fulfil the job criteria
- Expectations – whether you fulfil the expectations of the post
Currently there are four companies that offer the Hertfordshire Supply Teachers Recruitment service in partnership with Herts for Learningl. These are Engage Education, Moore Teachers, Step Teachers and Randstad Education. Please contact them and speak to them directly using the details as listed here
Tel: 01923 281 040
Tel: 01992 611 902
Primary - 01438 525830
Secondary - 01707 527430
Tel: 01582 811878