About the role
Most Recent Ofsted Inspection: OCTOBER 2017: GOOD in all areas :-)
We require a 1:1 Learning Support Assistant to start immediately.
Stapleford Primary School is situated in the beautifully peaceful countryside of the village of Stapleford. We are a small village school that is lucky enough to have a wonderfully supportive community of staff, governors and parents. The most recent parent view questionnaire conducted as part of the Ofsted inspection, concluded that 96% of parents/carers would recommend the school. Our children are wonderfully behaved and enthusiastic learners. We are very proud of them.
Click here for Stapleford Primary Ofsted Report - October 2017
The post is a 20 hours per week fixed term contract linked to exceptional needs funding. The contract is until the end of this academic year although it almost certainly going to be extended when the ENF is reviewed. The role will be supporting a child who is in Year 1.
The ideal candidate will have experience of working within a school and be patient, caring, nurturing and assertive.
Previous experience of working children with ADHD and/or Autism is essential.
MAIN AREAS OF RESPONSIBLITY
- Supervise and provide individual support for pupils with identified special educational needs.
- Assist with the development of individual education plans, risk reduction plans and personal care programmes.
- Use specialist curricular knowledge or experience to support pupils’ learning.
- Complete other general duties as directed by the headteacher
- Supervise children at playtime/lunchtime.
- To give oral and written feedback as per Marking, Presentation and Feedback policy, to pupils, teachers, parents and governors.
- To monitor and record observations made regarding children’s progress, behaviours and safeguarding and communicate this to all relevant parties.
- To maintain confidentiality at all times, in regards to pupil and school information.
- To work within rules laid out in school policies and procedures.
- To take part in In Service Training, performance management and other meetings as directed in normal contracted hours.
- Administer and assess routine tests and undertake marking of pupil's work
- Supervise whole classes during the short-term absence of a teacher.
- Create displays in class and around the school as required.
- Carry out routine clerical tasks, as required e.g. collect trip money, distribute letters, produce class lists and labels.
- Very small class sizes. Every class has less than 20 pupils.
- Stapleford Primary School is a wonderful place to work. The supportive culture and caring ethos is fully embedded in everything we do.
- The opportunity to work with a very small class of children who are eager to engage in lessons and have a positive attitude towards their own learning.
- Access to excellent professional development opportunities.
- A culture of support which maximises your impact on the learning opportunities for the children.
- The chance to be part of a village community.
- Clear next steps have been identified, during our recent Ofsted inspection, and we are well placed to take them on and further improve our provision.
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed and encouraged. Contact James Shillito, Headteacher, to arrange an appointment. Additionally, please visit our website, www.stapleford.herts.sch.uk and our Twitter @staplefordps .
Stapleford Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. A DBS check is required with this post as are two satisfactory references. We welcome applications regardless of age, gender, ethnicity or religion.
If you are having difficulty in opening documents, please right click and save onto your computer, then open the document where you have saved it.