About the role
We are looking to recruit a 1:1 SEND teaching assistant to join our friendly and highly committed team to support child(ren) who have been diagnosed with Autism and/or ADHD and have significant language delay and communication difficulties. Previous experience of working with children with the above needs is essential and further training will be encouraged and supported.
The post is full or part time with some degree of flexibility starting 1st October 2019, with no end date, until the child leaves school or until funding changes or ceases, whichever is the sooner. Hours would be between 8.45am to 3.15pm, Monday to Friday, and would include shadowing the child during lunch break. The salary quoted is the full tive equivalent (FTE).
Your role will be to –
• Provide learning support for a range of pupils
• Deliver specific intervention programmes
• Be a positive and proactive member of the staff team
Ideally we are looking for –
• An experienced primary school Teaching Assistant with recent experience of working in KS2
• A candidate with good numeracy and literacy skills
• Additional relevant qualifications
• A creative, conscientious and patient person
We are proud to be an inclusive school and we are looking for somebody who shares our ethos to join us. Please call the School Office for further information (01582 760031). Visits are highly recommended.
Please ensure that your application addresses the qualities we are looking for as detailed in the person specification.
We are committed to safeguarding chhildren and expect all candidates to share this commitment. All post holders are subject to a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Check.
If you are having difficulty in opening documents, please right click and save onto your computer, then open the document where you have saved it.