About the role
We are looking for an enthusiastic, hardworking and compassionate person with high expectations of themselves and others to join our school team as a Special Educational Needs Teaching Assistant. The role is to work on a 1:1 basis supporting a child with Downs Syndrome in Year 6.
The contract is fixed term, with no end date, until funding changes or the child leaves the school. This role is for 5 hours and 15 minutes per day, Monday-Friday, term time only and is salaried at grading H1, starting September 2021. The pattern of work is 8.45-12.30pm and 1.30-3.15pm everyday.
We are looking for candidates who:
- Will work well as part of a team, working effectively with children, staff and parents.
- Are resilient, flexible and willing to take on different challenges.
- Are creative and resourceful
- Are passionate about making a difference to children’s educational journeys.
- Have enthusiasm and are willing to develop their professional development as a SEN 1:1 Teaching Assistant.
- Have an awareness and understanding of Special Educational Needs.
- Enjoy working with children and are interested in their development
In addition to this, an understanding of Downs Syndrome is desirable but not essential.
- An ‘Outstanding’ School and Day Care (Ofsted, 2017)
- A hardworking, dedicated and committed staff team
- A school whose pupils are well behaved with a love of learning
- A school which offers great opportunities for professional development
- A school with committed parents and governors
If you feel you would be suitable for this role, please take a look at the attached job description and person specification before making an application.
Howe Dell Primary School is committed to safeguarding children and young people and therefore the successful applicant will be subject to suitable references, medical and DBS checks in accordance with Herts County Council guidelines. We provide an organisation that takes safer recruitment seriously and rigorous checks will be made as part of the process relating to any appointments to the school. We actively seek to recruit with Child Protection as a priority.
If you are having difficulty in opening documents, please right click and save onto your computer, then open the document where you have saved it.