About the role
From September 2019, the Governors and Executive Headteacher are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, inspirational, happy and committed Catholic teacher to the post of Assistant Headteacher with Head of School responsibility.
We are looking for a Head of School who:
- Is a practising Catholic with a clear vision who is able to translate this into a strong commitment to the Catholic Mission of the school.
- Understands that children’s wellbeing is integral to them being successful learners.
- Is creative, forward thinking and highly skilled with suitable successful experience in leading and managing areas of school development.
- Is outstanding in their classroom practice and achievement, and has high expectations of themselves, staff and children.
- Can confidently and calmly lead the school in partnership with, and in the absence of, the Executive Headteacher.
- Will be ambitious for the children of St Thomas More and constantly strive to provide our children with the very best learning and care.
- Likes children and enjoys helping them to grow and learn.
- Can take a strategic lead role in curriculum development and motivating others.
- Is an excellent role model for children and staff.
You will have a 0.6 teaching commitment and be class based in the mornings and out of class every afternoon for your leadership role.
*This is a permanent class teacher post with Head of School responsibilities initially for a 1 year term.
If you are having difficulty in opening documents, please right click and save onto your computer, then open the document where you have saved it.