About the role
Are you ready for your next leadership challenge? Do you have a passion for educating children and the drive and ambition to support school improvement?
We are seeking to appoint an excellent leader to be our next Assistant Headteacher - Upper School Leader. Norton St. Nicholas C of E (VA) Primary School is a thriving school with passionate, friendly and confident children who have a love of learning which is fully reflected in their behaviour and engagement in school life.
Our team is friendly, supportive, have a good sense of humour and enjoy working closely together. Our Assistant Headteacher role will provide a great opportunity for a confident, ambitious teacher who will bring exciting new ideas, drive and passion to develop our school further.
The successful candidate will need to:
- Be a qualified and committed teacher with high expectations of our children and themselves;
- Be a strong, reflective classroom practitioner who is passionate about teaching and learning and has the ability to challenge, inspire, lead and motivate both staff, pupils and their families;
- Be keen to expand their knowledge, skills and understanding of learning, education and pedagogy in order to grow and develop as a practitioner;
- Be flexible and creative in their approach and willing to energetically enrich the curriculum for all our children;
- Have a commitment to supporting the mental health and wellbeing of pupils and staff;
- Have a commitment to our strong Christian ethos.
In return we offer you:
- A positive and caring ethos and friendly, well-behaved children;
- A committed, supportive and friendly staff team;
- A strong, caring Christian ethos where all are valued;
- A genuine commitment to a realistic work/life balance;
- Supportive parents;
- A Governing Body supportive of the school’s desire to attain the highest standards in all areas of development;
- Dedicated leadership time and release.
If you think that Norton St. Nicholas C o fE (VA) Primary School could be the next step in your career, please get in contact with the school office on 01462 623322 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a visit, to discuss the role further or to find out more about our wonderful school. While school visits are more challenging in the current climate, we will do our best to facilitate a safe visit, in line with our visitor policy.
Norton St. Nicholas C of E (VA) Primary School is committed to safeguarding children and all staff at the school undergo rigorous pre-employment checks. Successful applicants will be expected to complete a Disclosing and Barring Service Check and other necessary checks before commencing their employment at the school.
Closing date: noon on Wednesday 10th March
Interviews: w/c Monday 15th March
If you are having difficulty in opening documents, please right click and save onto your computer, then open the document where you have saved it.