About the role
We are looking for a hardworking, enthusiastic, self-motivated, reliable and well organised person to join our team as Assistant Site Manager.
Duties will include security of the buildings and site, including Health and Safety compliance, non-specialist maintenance and repairs, grounds work and general porterage. Previous caretaking experience is preferable and some technical ability in routine maintenance and handy-person skills is desirable.
The successful candidate will:
- Be honest, reliable, hardworking and able to work using their own initiative
- Have good DIY skills and be able to carry out minor repairs to a good standard
- Be willing to attend relevant courses to develop their expertise
- Be committed to achieving high standards in their work
- Be flexible and cheerful and enjoy working with children, parents, governors and staff
- Be a good team player and willing to become involved in all aspects of school life
This is a part-time (52 weeks) permanent position with suggested daily working hours 14.30-18.00. Salary will be in accordance with experience.
The successful candidate will need to meet the requirements of the person specification and will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Summercroft is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. All post-holders are subject to a satisfactory enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. The school's Child Protection Policy and Recruitment Policy follow Herts County Council Guidance and are on our website.
Please complete both the application form and person specification form or contact Mrs Jo Andrews, School Business Manager, by email – email@example.com for further information.
If you are having difficulty in opening documents, please right click and save onto your computer, then open the document where you have saved it.