About the role
Would you enjoy being a key part of our thriving and busy school? Following the retirement of our current Caretaker, we are looking for an enthusiastic, committed Caretaker / Cleaner for our lovely village school. The post is available for start in June, or as soon as possible thereafter.
This is a part time post of 25 hours per week, term time plus two weeks, with the possibility of some overtime. There is a good degree of flexibility in the hours worked, though the holder would need to be on site during the week for a period of time before and after school hours.
Experience of a similar role elsewhere is not essential and training can be given if needed. Main responsibilities would include:
- To undertake responsibility for the school site and the maintenance of the buildings and premises equipment.
- Maintain the cleaning of the premises.
- Liaising with the head teacher and premises governors to ensure the work undertaken meets the standards of the school, and to ensure that the school is a clean and safe environment for everyone.
- Order appropriate materials and equipment needed to maintain the school premises within an allocated budget.
- Deal with day to day work related issues, such as minor repairs
- Completing statutory Health and Safety checks/paperwork and attending training such as COSHH, Asbestos management, legionella monitoring, fire safety etc
- Oversee the work of on-site contractors and manage minor projects as needed (there is the possibility of overtime)
We are a thriving, happy, Church of England first school (children aged 3-9) with wonderful children and supportive parents. You would be joining a vibrant and dedicated team of staff who work their socks off, ‘go the extra mile’ but always have lots of fun!
If you think you have what we are looking for, we very much look forward to hearing from you. If you wish to know more about the post, please do not hesitate to ring the Mr Philip Asher, our Headteacher, for an informal chat. Visits to see our school in action are warmly welcomed and encouraged; please telephone the school office to make an appointment, or to have an application form posted to you.
If you are having difficulty in opening documents, please right click and save onto your computer, then open the document where you have saved it.