About the role
We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic, conscientious and self-motivated person who would like to provide a key role in maintaining our school site to an exceptional standard and ensure a welcoming and safe environment for the whole school community.
Duties will include:
• Lock/unlock the school and carry out security checks on the buildings
• Carry out and record statutory checks and help maintain Health and Safety records
• Maintenance of property and grounds to a high standard including liaising with contractors
• Monitor site stock and order supplies
• Carry out DIY above and beyond the scope of a competent DIY person, completing more specialist work as required
• Willingness to attend training courses including Health and Safety
Previous school caretaking or maintenance roles would be preferable but training will be provided.
The successful candidate will be required to act as a key holder.
Hours will initially be 4 hours per day, Monday to Friday and can be extended when necessary. The job is offered on a fixed term, term-time only contract until Easter 2021, with a view to the role becoming permanent for the successful candidate after this time.
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.
If you are having difficulty in opening documents, please right click and save onto your computer, then open the document where you have saved it.