About the role
At Shephalbury Park, we believe that every member of our school community plays an important role in providing the best for the learners in our school.
We are extremely fortunate to have fantastic, well maintained internal and external facilities.
We are looking for a highly motivated, enthusiastic and conscientious person to lead our premises team, ensure we have a safe environment for all, and to maintain and further develop our wonderful grounds and premises.
Duties are varied and include the following:
- Building and site security
- Health and safety compliance
- Maintenance and repairs
- Grounds work
- Managing contractors
- Leading other cleaning staff
- Ordering and storing essential products
Previous caretaking experience preferable, although a high level of technical ability in routine maintenance, handy-person/DIY skills and managing premises projects is essential. Further training will be provided to ensure all statutory duties are met.
The successful candidate will:
- Be honest, reliable and hardworking and able to work using their own initiative
- Have good DIY and premises skills and be able to carry out minor repairs and jobs competently
- Be willing to attend relevant courses to develop their expertise
- Be committed to achieving high standards in their work
- Be flexible and cheerful and enjoy working with children, parents, governors and staff
- Be a good team player and willing to become involved in all aspects of school life
Previous experience would be beneficial but training will be provided. The successful candidate will be required to act as the main key holder.
The role involves working a daily split shift, totalling 36¼ hours per week, exact hours will be discussed at interview. The successful applicant will be on a 52 week contract. Annual leave is to be taken during school closure periods.
In return we can offer you:
- A welcoming and friendly team
- Well behaved learners, who love our school and work hard
- A committed governing body
- Opportunities for professional development to ensure your success
- A parent community that is very supportive of the school and its aims
If you are interested in this opportunity at Shephalbury Park Primary School, we would love to meet you and show you around our school. Please telephone the school to speak to the Headteacher or Office Manager to arrange a visit or discuss the role further.
If you are having difficulty in opening documents, please right click and save onto your computer, then open the document where you have saved it.