About the role
We are looking to appoint a Chair of Governors at Chater Infant School.
The Chater Infant School Governing Body is responsible for the strategic management of the school and makes decisions about a wide range of issues.
The core responsibilities of our Governing Body include the following:
- Setting the school’s vision and strategic direction
- Shaping, monitoring and evaluating the school’s progress towards priorities which are set out in the School Development and Success Strategy
- Ensuring accountability for standards in terms of outcomes for children and the quality of provision
- Acting as a ‘critical friend’ to the Headteacher
- Budgetary allocation and control
- Appointing senior members of staff including the Headteacher
The governing board is split into two committees, each responsible for one area such as finance or pupil achievement. These committees will meet separately from the main governing body to discuss relevant issues in more detail. Discussion is then fed back at a full governing body meeting.
A school governing body is made up of representatives from the school, the parents, the local authority and the local community.
As our Chair of Governors, you will also be responsible for:
• Nurturing a strong and supportive culture within the governing body
• Delegating tasks and ensuring the governing board fulfils its function
• Setting agendas and goals for governor meetings
• Evaluating performance of the governing body on a regular basis
• Liaising closely with the Headteacher
• Ensuring governors act in line with the governing body’s agreed code of conduct
After joining the body, you will have plenty of opportunity to learn more about the school and your fellow governors. Training will be provided.
Please contact Amrit Bal-Richards either by telephone on 01923 221060 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are having difficulty in opening documents, please right click and save onto your computer, then open the document where you have saved it.