About the role
Prae Wood Primary & Nursery School is a successful and thriving two form entry school in St. Albans. Following a very successful Ofsted (2019) we are a 'Good' school with many 'Outstanding' features.
The school has talented and inspirational staff at all levels, motivated and happy pupils, together with supportive governors and parents. The school is at the heart of the community with a very good reputation in the local area.
We are seeking to appoint an outstanding and inspirational KS1 class teacher who is willing to work with colleagues to create a stimulating learning environment and who will encourage a love of learning across the whole curriuclum. This position is fixed term for two terms due to the secondment of one of our Senior Leadership Team to another local school.
Applicants should be:
- be an excellent primary practitioner with a passion for excellence in teaching and learning, who will keep our children’s learning and outcomes at the heart of every decision
- value children and take pride in their achievements, inspiring them to be passionate learners and realise their full potential;
- be a person of integrity and warmth
- be an excellent communicator and enjoy positive relationships with colleagues, pupils and parents
- be well organsied
- be committed to meeting the needs of all pupils
We can offer you:
- a friendly and welcoming school
- children who are eager to learn, well behaved and very proud of their school
- a highly committed staff team with an appetite for creativity and continuous improvement
- a thriving school which supports the whole child through a rich range of extra-curricular activities
Unfortunately, visits to the school are unable to take place due to the Covid-19 situation but our school website is very comprehenisve with up to date information regarding the curriuclum and children's experiences of life at Prae Wood. The senior leadership team would be happy to talk to prospective candidates - please email the school office with your contact details.
Prae Wood Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The appointed person will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
Applications may be considered whilst the position is being advertised.
If you are having difficulty in opening documents, please right click and save onto your computer, then open the document where you have saved it.