About the role
An exciting and unusual opportunity has arisen in our well established Teacher team due to a relocation of one of our outstanding teachers at Meadow Wood School.
Meadow Wood school is a unique and very special school for primary aged pupils with physical and neurological impairment (PNI); Meadow Wood school students have a wide range of attainment and complex needs. Therefore, they require a highly individualised curriculum and assessment based on engagagement model, pre-keystage standard or National curriculum levels depending on each childs individual needs. Meadow Wood School is the only PNI primary school in Hertfordshire. We are seeking an outstanding class teacher who already has experience of working with PNI children or who is willing to develop their skills in this area.
We would welcome applications from teachers working within the mainstream or the SEN sector. A comprehensive training package and induction is provided. NQTs are welcome to apply.
We wish to appoint a highly motivated teacher with the ability and desire to:
- Facilitate our students to progress, achieve and enjoy their learning
- Work in partnerships with parents and multidisciplinary teams
- Implement curriculum innovations
- Develop challenging and exciting teaching and learning
- Contribute positively to team work
We are looking for a class teacher who:
- Is a creative and committed practitioner from a special or mainstream background
- Has a passion for teaching and learning
- Is reflective, open to feedback and driven to be outstanding
- Believes passionately in the potential for education and will go that extra mile every day
- Committed to their own professional development
- Has excellent personal skills in supporting us to work towards our vision to provide a holistic education
We can offer:
- A friendly and supportive staff team
- A commitment to your professional development: ELKLAN, PODD, MOVE, Moving and Handling, Behaviour Management, Medical procedures
- An opportunity to work in a dynamic and thriving school
- Exciting opportunities to contribute to school development
- Active engagement in school improvement
- Excellent local and international partnerships
- Opportunities for you to use and develop your teaching and leadership skills
Key Information for Applicants
This position is for a SEN Class Teacher to start January 2022 or earlier
The salary will be MPS or UPS + 1-2 SEN points depending on experience
Dates for your Diary
The closing date for applications is 12.00pm on Tuesday 2nd November 2021
Shortlist date is Tuesday 2nd November 2021
Interviews will be TBA
Visits to the school prior to the interviews are essential. This may be organised by contacting Merja Paakkonen, Headteacher or Darren White or Liz Chard Deputy Head Teachers on 0208-4204720.
Please contact the school office for further information. CVs are not accepted.
NB: Please be advised that visits to the school and interviews will be organised depending on the guidance of any COVID-19 restrictions at the time.
The Sunflower Federation was established in May 2017 and is formed of two schools namely Meadow Wood and Breakspeare. The Federatoin is governed by the one Governing board (one responsible body). The federated governing board manages all accountabilities and responsibilities for both school sites.
The Sunflower Federation is committed to providing equality of opportunity and to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.
Meadow Wood School
Hertfordshire WD23 4NN
If you are having difficulty in opening documents, please right click and save onto your computer, then open the document where you have saved it.