About the role
Jenyns First School and Nursery is a friendly, inclusive village school within the Rib Valley three tier system, situated in the beautiful village of Braughing. We have the benefit of modern school buildings and our children enjoy playing and learning in our fabulous outdoor environment, which includes an outdoor science classroom, pond, trim trails, wild areas and vegetable garden. We have very strong links with the local community and our school forms an integral part of village life.
Although we are an “outstanding” school, we are always looking to improve and we are keen to appoint a dedicated and inspiring individual to join our team of committed and enthusiastic professionals to deliver the best possible education for our children.
The successful candidate will:
- teach a mixed age class of Year 3 and Year 4 aged children and be supported by a team of experienced and passionate support staff
- Be a creative, enthusiastic individual with excellent organisational skills.
- Be an outstanding communicator, with the ability to work effectively with children, staff and parents.
- Be passionate about pastoral care, developing the whole child and ensuring that every child makes outstanding progress both academically and personally.
- Be committed to providing a broad curriculum to suit the needs of every child.
The school offers:
- The school offers professional development and are eager to develop aspiring leaders at all levels of experience.
- Happy, enthusiastic and engaged children who are eager to learn.
- A welcoming, enthusiastic and motivated staff team, who work collaboratively for the good of each child.
- Supportive, involved parents, and a very active parents association.
- Exceptionally close links with the local community and parish.
- A strong and enthusiastic governing body who play a full and active role in supporting the school.
Please see the attached application pack and our website for further details: www.jenyns.herts.sch.uk. Please note this advert may be withdrawn before the closing date so please apply early.
A visit to the school would be desirable for every candidate. To arrange a visit to the school please contact Ruth Ardrey, Headteacher, on 01920 821461
If you are having difficulty in opening documents, please right click and save onto your computer, then open the document where you have saved it.