About the role
CLERK TO THE SCHOOL BOARDS
CHANCELLOR’S SCHOOL, DE HAVILLAND SCHOOL & ELSTREE UTC
360 hours per year to be worked flexibly, Term Time only
H7 19 – 23 £24,799 - £26,999 + £874 fringe allowance FTE
Actual starting salary including fringe allowance: £5,400.52 per annum (incorporating holiday pay)
Required as soon as possible
We are seeking a Clerk to the School Boards to join the teams at Chancellor’s School, De Havilland School and Elstree UTC. The post holder will be required to work flexibly in order to meet the needs of all three School Boards with some meetings being held in the evenings. Chancellor’s School is situated in Brookmans Park, De Havilland School is in Hatfield and Elstree UTC is in Borehamwood.
We are happy to consider splitting this role; if you are willing to Clerk for 2 of these schools please apply detailing your preferred variation.
We would like you to have:
- previous experience of working as a clerk within an educational environment (desirable)
- the ability to maintain confidentiality, remain impartial and act with integrity
- the ability to work as part of a team and also able to work independently using your own initiative
- very good listening, oral and literacy skills
- experience in writing agendas and accurate concise minutes
- high levels of attention to detail and the ability to work to a high standard
- good ICT including keyboarding skills and proficiency in using the internet to access relevant information
- efficient organisational skills – able to organise your time, organise meetings and work to deadlines
- experience/understanding of record keeping, information retrieval and dissemination of a range of documentation
- the ability to build relationships with others and maintain contacts with outside agencies
- a willingness to attend appropriate training and development
- flexibility – able to work at times convenient to the School Boards, including evening meetings and able to travel to meetings
- a natural aptitude to model the Trust’s core behaviours – ‘We display transparency, kindness and respect in all our interactions with others, and support each other in all our endeavours. We are tenacious in our desire to make the difference together’.
We can offer:
- A permanent annualised hours contract of 360 hours per year to be worked flexibly during term time only
- A positive working environment within the schools and Trust
- The support of a highly professional and committed staff team and the opportunity to expand your professional networks beyond the Trust through our external partnerships
- The opportunity to develop your career within an expanding multi academy trust with a track record of excellent student attainment and achievement
- Exceptional professional development opportunities
Chancellor’s School, a Good school, is part of the Danes Educational Trust. De Havilland School and Elstree UTC will join the Trust during the next academic year. If you would like to join a high performing, supportive and friendly staff team, we would like to hear from you.
The Trust is committed to safeguarding children and young people. All post holders are subject to a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
How to make an application:
- Applications to be sent to Mrs Dawn Gamble (Recruitment Manager) by 9.00am on Friday 5th June 2020. Please email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please include a covering letter and completed application form with the contact details of two referees
- Please apply as soon as possible as we reserve the right to close the advert early should a suitable applicant be found.
- Interviews to take place as soon as possible thereafter.
Tel: 01923 284169 / 07796 751982
If you are having difficulty in opening documents, please right click and save onto your computer, then open the document where you have saved it.