About the role
30 Hours per Week
Term Time only
H6.3 (£26,357 FTE)
Actual salary: £17,738
Hitchin Boys’ School (HBS) is an outstanding and over-subscribed comprehensive school with a mixed sixth form, which forms part of the highly successful Hitchin Schools’ Consortium. Located in the historic and picturesque market town of Hitchin in North Hertfordshire it is conveniently located just 25 minutes from London by train and close to the A1(M) and M1.
We are now seeking a Cover Supervisor to join our well-established and friendly Cover Team to supervise classes in the absence of a teacher. No previous experience as a Cover Supervisor is necessary, as full on-the-job training will be provided but candidates will want to work with children and young people to assist their learning, growth and development.
The successful candidate will:
- have excellent communication and organisational skills
- be able to work on their own initiative and be determined to succeed
- be motivated, energetic and enthusiastic
- promote the HBS Values
What can HBS offer you?
- As lead school for School Direct Teacher Training in North Herts, HBS also has a successful track record of recruiting graduates to work in the education system and then progress to become fully qualified teachers
- A school with great traditions, excellent reputation but with a modern outlook
- Students who are keen to learn having made Hitchin Boys’ their first choice
- A dedicated, well qualified and experienced staff who share the goal enshrined in our school motto “Per Ardua Ad Alta” – Striving for Excellence
- A campus that combines state of the art facilities with historic Grade II listed buildings
- The opportunity to work in a secure, supportive environment
- SLT commitment to supporting the mental, physical and emotional wellbeing of staff and students in the school
- Staff can benefit from the school’s children of staff admission rule
Application deadline: 12 noon, Monday 6th February 2023
Candidates are encouraged to submit their applications as soon as possible as we reserve the right to close this advert early if a suitable candidate is identified. Please visit the school website https://www.hbs.herts.sch.uk. for further information on our school. All applications should be submitted via My New Term.
HBS is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check will be carried out for all posts.
HBS welcomes applications from all applicants who meet the requirements for the position, however we are especially keen to receive applications from those in minority groups for which the School is currently underrepresented. We celebrate diversity and thrive on the benefits it brings.
If you are having difficulty in opening documents, please right click and save onto your computer, then open the document where you have saved it.