About the role
Deputy Headteacher at St. Mary’s Church of England (VA) Primary School, Rickmansworth
Applications close: Thursday 21st March 2019
Position start date: 1st September 2019
Pay Spine: L3-7
Key Stages: Foundation, KS1, KS2
Post Type: Deputy Headteacher
Employment Type: Part-time
Contract Type: Permanent
Date of Interview: Thursday 28th March 2019
Main Subject: Foundation, KS1, KS2
Are you an outstanding, creative, dynamic senior teacher who puts children at the heart of all you do?
The Headteacher and Governing Board wish to appoint a highly motivated, inspirational and passionate Deputy Headteacher who has the vision, skills, abilities and focus to help design a curriculum fit for the 21st Century. The role of Deputy Headteacher at St. Mary’s provides a unique opportunity for a confident, ambitious teacher who thrives on exciting new challenges and has the experience, drive and passion to work with our forward-thinking Headteacher to enhance our Senior Leadership Team and put the curriculum at the heart of our school.
The successful candidate will have strong leadership and management skills and will:
- Be a qualified teacher who can demonstrate and articulate outstanding teaching and learning
- Be able to challenge, inspire, lead and motivate both staff and pupils
- Have experience in leadership and management, and be able to demonstrate their proven leadership skills which have driven improvement in standards and achievement
- Have excellent interpersonal and organisational skills
- Be flexible in their approach to change and innovation
- Have a commitment to our strong Christian ethos
- Have class teaching responsibilities two days per week
In return, we can offer you:
- Motivated and enthusiastic children who have a thirst for learning
- A firm commitment to your continuing professional development as a leader
- A supportive Headteacher with a passion to ensure all children achieve their full potential and that all staff are developed to reach theirs
- A committed, supportive and friendly staff team
- A strong, caring Christian ethos where all are valued
- A Governing Body supportive of the school’s desire to attain the highest standards in all areas of development
- Dedicated leadership time and release
Prearranged visits to the school are warmly welcomed and encouraged. Please telephone Tracy Palmer, Office Coordinator on 01923 776529 to book a convenient time.
St. Mary’s Church of England (VA) Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointment to this post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Baring and background check.
Closing date for applications: Thursday 21st March 2019
Information about the School
School Name: St. Mary’s Church of England (VA) Primary School
School Type: Primary
School Description: St Mary's Church of England (VA) Primary School is a one-form entry school, set in a lovely semi-rural location in the town of Rickmansworth, with excellent transport links. We are extremely proud of our school and the Christian ethos that lies at the heart of all our school values. In order for every child to achieve, we nurture confidence and equip each child with the necessary skills to be successful. St. Mary’s strives to create and sustain a happy, safe and stimulating learning environment in which we encourage each child to become a confident and resilient members of our local community in preparation for their lives ahead.
Mrs Emma Edwards, St Mary's Church of England, (VA) Primary School, Stockers Farm Road, Rickmansworth, Hertfordshire, WD3 1NY
Telephone: 01923 776529
E-mail Address: email@example.com
Visit our website: www.stmarys698.herts.sch.uk
Below are documents that can be downloaded that are applicable to this vacancy. Please click the document name to open the document in a new window. Please be aware that some uploaded documents may require special software such as Microsoft Word or Adobe Acrobat Reader to view.
- Job Description
- Person Specification
- Application Form
- Equalities Policy
- Child Protection Policy
If you are having difficulty in opening documents, please right click and save onto your computer, then open the document where you have saved it.