About the role
We are planning for the current role holder’s retirement and we are now seeking a highly motivated Deputy Head with the vision and experience to play a pivotal leadership role. The successful candidate will be someone who shares our commitment to providing personalised education that places each child at the centre of their learning.
The Successful Candidate Will:
- Have proven strategic leadership skills and experience in a special school
- Have extensive classroom experience with an in depth knowledge of SEND
- Be an outstanding teacher
- Share our commitment to ensure all our pupils achieve their very best
- Possess high personal standards, have vision, integrity, resilience, energy and emotional intelligence
- Be willing to take on new roles and embrace change
- Enjoy working alongside others and have excellent inter-personal skills
We Will Offer You:
- Extraordinary pupils
- Innovative, dedicated staff
- Excellent support from Governors, parents and other professionals
- Varied and good quality professional development
- An opportunity to be part of a school community that continually strives to improve
Watling View is fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.
Appointment to this post is subject to satisfactory clearance of enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks, including the barred list, as well as all other pre-appointment checks in accordance with Keeping Children Safe in Education (2016).
Visits to the school are highly recommended and you can visit our website www.watlingview.herts.sch.uk. Please contact Jo Roberts, Office Manager on 01727 850560 for further information and to arrange a visit with the Head Teacher. Preferably, applications can be made online or you can contact the school office for an application pack. Please do not send CV’s as only completed application packs will be considered.
If you are having difficulty in opening documents, please right click and save onto your computer, then open the document where you have saved it.