About the role
Due to the successful appointment of our Assistant Head to a local Catholic School Headship, the Governors and Headteacher are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, inspirational, happy and committed Catholic teacher to the post of Deputy Headteacher. The successful candidate will work with the Head Teacher to lead and develop this school on the next phase of its journey.
St Joseph’s is a welcoming and inclusive school, firmly driven by its mission as a Catholic Community. Situated in the historic town of Hertford, in a beautiful area of Hertfordshire, we enjoy excellent facilities in extensive grounds. We believe our children deserve the best at all times and so are looking for an excellent classroom practitioner as well as a highly motivated leader who has a passion for children’s learning and enjoys the challenges and successes that school life brings.
We are looking for a Deputy Headteacher who:
- Is a practising Catholic with a clear vision who is able to translate this into a strong commitment to the Catholic Mission of the school.
- Understands that children’s wellbeing is integral to them being successful learners.
- Is creative, forward thinking and highly skilled with suitable successful experience in leading and managing areas of school development.
- Is outstanding in their classroom practice and achievement, and has high expectations of themselves, staff and children.
- Can confidently and calmly deputise for the Headteacher.
- Will be ambitious for the children of St Joseph’s and constantly strive to provide our children with the very best learning and care.
- Likes children and enjoys helping them to grow and learn.
- Can take a strategic lead role in curriculum development and motivating others.
- Is an excellent role model for children and staff.
We can offer you;
• Pupils who are happy and have a positive attitude to learning and their work.
• A welcoming community where all are valued.
• Supportive governors and parents.
• A commitment to continuing professional development.
• An exciting opportunity to work as part of a senior management team committed to developing an inspiring curriculum which is motivating, relevant and memorable.
Closing date for applications will be noon on: Thursday 21st March 2019
Interviews: Wednesday 27th March 2019
Visits to school are welcomed.
St Joseph’s Catholic School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment.
The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check along with other relevant employment checks.
If you are having difficulty in opening documents, please right click and save onto your computer, then open the document where you have saved it.