About the role
Due to the promotion of our Deputy Headteacher, the governors of Hurst Drive Primary School wish to appoint a candidate with a proven track record of excellent classroom practice to help oversee the quality of education in our school in our aim to achieve success for all.
If you are a dedicated and inspirational teacher with the capacity to grow and develop in the role, or a current serving school leader looking to further develop their experience by working as part of a focused, dynamic leadership team, then we would love to hear from you.
For clarity, we are looking for a candidate who:-
- abides by safeguarding practices, particularly those outlined in the document Keeping Children Safe in Education;
- understands the principles underpinning outstanding teaching and learning;
- champions change, leading by example and encouraging others to make the change;
- maintains exceptionally high standards in all areas of school life;
- has experience of leading whole-staff training and development;
- communicates effectively with staff to maintain strong, productive relationships;
- promotes positive relationships with children and parents/carers;
- keeps up to date with the latest research and curriculum developments; and,
- strives to improve their practice through continuing professional development.
We can offer you:-
- an organised and dedicated Senior Leadership Team and supportive Governing Body;
- a clearly sequenced, broad and balanced curriculum to monitor and evaluate;
- teachers and support staff who dedicate themselves to professional development;
- children who are a pleasure to teach;
- great opportunities for personal and professional development; and
- an opportunity to make a real difference to our unique and diverse community.
The interview process will be in two parts: we would firstly look to observe candidates teaching in their current school setting and where this is not possible, we would arrange for a candidate to teach a lesson at our school. Successful candidates would then be invited to an interview day on Wednesday 14 October 2020 which would include an interview (for which candidates are given the questions in advance) alongside a set of tasks to assess a candidate’s suitability for the role.
Questions about the role and visits to the school
If you have any questions about the role or would like to arrange to visit the school, please feel free to telephone or e-mail the Headteacher, Mr Daniel Short. Alternatively, you may telephone or e-mail the School Business Manager, Ms Danielle Dulieu, firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. This post is subject to safer recruitment measures which will include an enhanced criminal record check via the Disclosure and Barring Service.
If you are having difficulty in opening documents, please right click and save onto your computer, then open the document where you have saved it.