About the role
Belswains Primary School are looking for an inspiring and dynamic Deputy Headteacher to join our new Headteacher and leadership team. The school is on an exciting new path where we are expanding from one to two-form entry. Working together on significant and innovative initiatives with the Headteacher, this role would suit an individual who excels at managing and completing projects, is determined to develop excellent teaching and learning, nurture staff and children and help to establish an excellent school at the heart of the local community.
We are looking for an outstanding teacher who can work well under pressure and able to adapt to challenging circumstances, taking robust decisions in the best interests of pupils.
Ideally, we would like the position to start 1 January 2021, but we could be flexible for the right candidate.
OUR NEW DEPUTY HEADTEACHER WILL HAVE:
- Commitment to the protection and safeguarding of children.
- Ensure our children make excellent academic progress in all areas whilst remaining committed to developing the whole child.
- Be an innovative and strategic thinker, striving for excellence for our pupils, to gain the best life chances.
- Clear understanding of what good quality teaching and learning looks like and strategies to develop this in others.
- Be able to take a lead on the development of effective teaching and learning, in addition to developing the curriculum throughout school.
- Be compassionate, enthusiastic, open and transparent in their approach.
- Demonstrate excellent behaviour management skills.
- Ability to analyse data, develop strategic plans, set targets and monitor and evaluate progress towards these.
- Excellent personal organisation skills with the ability to prioritise workload and to meet deadlines.
- Effective interpersonal skills and the ability to inspire, challenge and motivate.
- Work effectively with staff, governors and parents and contribute to and be a pivotal part of the school community.
IT IS DESIRABLE, BUT NOT ESSENTIAL TO HAVE THE FOLLOWING:
- Designated safeguarding lead qualification.
- Competent with IT and an interest in developing remote learning.
IN RETURN WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- Happy, safe and welcoming environment where children learn, are respected and valued.
- An opportunity to shape the future of Belswains Primary School for 2021 and beyond.
- A fantastic blend of old and new facilities, set in expansive grounds.
- A positive staff team who are keen to embrace new ideas and strengthen the quality of teaching and learning.
- An exciting new opportunity to work as part of the SLT to assist the school on its journey towards outstanding.
- A CPD package tailored to suit your stage of career development.
- Challenge, support and growth.
This is an exciting opportunity to work in an inclusive school with a real motivation to foster a culture of respect and compassion, where children are confident to take risks, persevere and embrace challenges.
We would be delighted to welcome you to our school where colleagues would be keen to meet you, show you around and to answer any questions that you may have. Due to current restrictions, school visits would need to be before or after school or over half term.
Belswains Primary School is committed to safeguarding children and young people. All post holders are subject to satisfactory enhanced DBS checks.
Please make an appointment by contacting Neysa Claridge, Headteacher.
firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01442 264 324
Closing date: Monday 2nd November 9am
Shortlisting: Tuesday 3rd November
Interviews: Tuesday 10th & Wednesday 11th November 2020
If you are having difficulty in opening documents, please right click and save onto your computer, then open the document where you have saved it.