About the role
L9 (£52,568) – L15 (£60,744)
We have an exciting opportunity for a dynamic, visionary Deputy Headteacher to join our supportive senior leadership and wider school team.
Our current deputy is leaving to take up a headship in the midlands; the second deputy at Cuffley to be promoted into headship. And now we are looking for a new deputy to take up the challenge of supporting Cuffley on the next stage of its development.
We are looking for someone who is positive, child-focussed and also eager to develop staff, a flexible problem-solver, has a ‘can-do’ attitude and is excited about leading a school as part of an outward-looking, innovative senior leadership team.
What you can offer:
- A good honours degree and QTS
- A willingness to improve and develop your knowledge and skills
- An excellent understanding of how to keep children safe
- A collaborative, creative approach to leading professional development
- Experience of curriculum innovation, development and meaningful assessment
- A shared passion and enthusiasm for teaching and a keen desire to sharing this with others
- A role model for professional practice
- Proven leadership skills and a team player
- Strong decision-making skills
- A commitment to inclusion
- An ability to think strategically and to implement a vision
- The ability to promote our school and to work confidently with parents and governors
Reasons to work at Cuffley School:
- Fantastic children who really want to learn and be the best they can be
- Great staff
- Excellent opportunities to lead and engage with CPD
- Mentoring and coaching to develop outstanding leadership
- Support and encouragement to work across schools
- The opportunity to have a real impact on the development of the curriculum and assessment
- Leadership areas by negotiation according to skills and experience
- The opportunity to work with a supportive, collaborative leadership team, open to new ideas and way to feed into the school’s continued growth and development
Please read the job description and person specification for more details.
To find out more about our school – and to see why we are so proud of it – have a look at our website: www.cuffleyschool.org and take a look at our social media: Cuffley School | Facebook and our Twitter feed: @CuffleySchool.
If you have the ambition, drive and determination to make a positive difference to outcomes for children at our school, and this sounds like it could be just the school for you, please get in touch with Wendy Wing, our headteacher, on 01707 888100 for an informal chat and/or to arrange a visit so that you can see us in action.
Come and see what makes Cuffley so special!
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We follow safer recruitment practice and appointments are subject to satisfactory references and an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check
If you are having difficulty in opening documents, please right click and save onto your computer, then open the document where you have saved it.