About the role
Salary: MPS + Fringe
Full Time, Permanent
Required for September 2020
The successful candidate will:
- Teach students using a variety of teaching and learning strategies,ensuring that lessons are stimulating, differentiated and delivered at pace
- Be responsible and accountable for the learning and progress of every student
- Contribute to department planning for learning, this includes writing schemes of work or long-term plans and creating and sharing resources
- Assess regularly using the School policy
We can offer you:
- Excellent CPD opportunities
- A school rated Good by Ofsted where students’ behaviour is exemplary
- A professional working environment where teamwork is highly valued
- A partially selective school with a focus on academic achievement (Progress 8 in 2019 is +0.38)
- Admission criteria where preference is given to staff’s children
- A School which invests heavily in the future with £3.5m on recent school expansion and strong ongoing financial support from our Foundation and PTA
- A School in a strong, stable financial position in this challenging climate with a healthy lettings income
- An outstanding wellbeing programme offering:
- Flu jabs
- Free access to our first-class Fitness Suite and swimming pool
- Complimentary eye tests
About Performing Arts
Drama is highly valued by the School and the wider community.
Our Drama facilities are outstanding. A new building opened in September 2018 to house the Drama Department comprising a Studio Theatre and two fully functioning Drama Studios with start of the art lighting and sound equipment. We also have raked seating and a lighting rig in the main School Hall for larger-scale productions.
- A healthy number of students take up Drama at GCSE and A Level
- At KS3 the emphasis is for students to explore the medium of Drama and Drama methods that also supports their learning of Dance.
- The Eduqas Drama specification is followed as a GCSE option.
- At ‘A’ Level students study the Linear Pearson Edexcel Drama and Theatre specification.
- The department, together with the Dance, Music & Art departments run a highly successful school production each year as well as a range of extra-curricular opportunities
You will be committed to meeting the needs of all learners by ensuring that teaching is of the highest quality and is innovative, engaging and enjoyable. Applications are equally welcome from experienced and newly qualified teachers.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and are an equal opportunities employer. Applicants must declare any criminal convictions and submit to a check with the Disclosing and Barring Service as the post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. Application forms and details can be obtained from the website www.rickmansworth.herts.sch.uk, by calling the School on 01923 634886 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
We welcome visits to the School, please contact Mrs K Temple on 01923 634886 or email@example.com to arrange.
Deadline for applications: 8.00am Monday 20 April 2020
Interview date: w/b 27 April 2020
If you are having difficulty in opening documents, please right click and save onto your computer, then open the document where you have saved it.