About the role
Abel Smith School is looking to appoint a experienced, reflective EY practitioner who can join our Nursery setting to work with children who are 3 - 4 years old. An ability to build a positive learning relationship with children and peers is essential. Abel Smith staff work collaboratively to support each other and the successful candidate will be warmly welcomed into the team.
Abel Smith is seeking a person who has the following qualities and qualifications:
- A minimum of NVQ level 3 or higher in early years or equivalent
- Sound knowledge of EYFS and OFSTED framework and standards and how to implement them in an early years setting
- Experience of planning for learning observations and assessments and completing learning journeys.
- Ability to establish supportive partnerships, which empower parents/carers and support children
- Ability to work on own initiative and as an effective team member
- Excellent communication skills
- Understand and by enthusiastic and passionate about children’s development
- Ability to work to targets and deadlines
This post is a permanent contract working 30 hours a week (term time only).
Unfortunately, we cannot allow visits at this time, but please call our school office on 01992 583244 and ask to speak to our EY leader if you require more information.
We are committed to safeguarding and positively promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be subject to enhanced clearance with the Disclosure and Barring Service.
If you are having difficulty in opening documents, please right click and save onto your computer, then open the document where you have saved it.