About the role
English Teacher from September 2019
English Teacher required for September 2019. We are seeking an enthusiastic English Specialist who is able to provide at least a good quality of classroom teaching for students in all key stages. The successful candidate would be part of the English and MFL Teaching and Learning Area. St Mary's CE High School is located in in Cheshunt Hertfordshire EN7 5FB.
For an application form and Job description please contact:
Ms Stephanie Benbow , Headteacher
St Mary's CE High School
Lieutenant Ellis Way Cheshunt
Hertfordshire EN7 5FB
Telephone: 01992 629124
Fax: 01992 643354
The post is open to applicants from 15th May 2019, with a closing date of Tuesday 16th June 2019
Main Scale Teacher Main Pay Scale MPS 1-6
Accountable to: Director of Teaching & Learning
Subject Leader (if applicable)
Core purpose of the Post
• To promote actively the safeguarding of all students
• To provide a quality of teaching and learning provision that can be judged to be at least ‘good’ (according to the Ofsted evaluation framework) and ensures all students make at least good progress
• Be accountable for the attainment and progress of all students who are taught by the post holder
• Supervise and guide the work of any support staff (including Learning Support Assistants (LSAs) who are assigned to work with post holder’s classes/students
• To provide pastoral support and guidance for all students in the post holder’s care, classes and/or form group
• To contribute to the overall development work of the teaching and learning area team
• To uphold and support actively all school policies and the Christian ethos of the school.
Professional Skills and Attributes
Education and Training
Qualified Teacher Status (with DfES Number), including skills tests where required
First/Second Class Degree
Ability to meet the Teachers Standards commensurate with experience and salary
High standards of literacy and numeracy
Willingness to develop own expertise (evidenced through continuing professional development)
Appropriate qualifications, experience and any other requirements needed to perform the role in relation to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people
In addition to candidate’s ability to perform the duties of the post, the interview will also explore issues relating to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children including:
• Motivation to work with children and young people
• Ability to form and maintain appropriate relationships and personal boundaries with children and young people
• Emotional resilience in working with challenging behaviours
• Attitudes to the use of authority and maintaining discipline
If the candidate is short listed, any relevant issues arising from references will be taken up at interview.We are seeking enthusiastic English Teacher who is able to provide at least a good quality of classroom teaching for students in all key stages. The Governors of St Mary’s will make an additional recruitment payment to appointed teachers who apply direct to the school (i.e. not through an agency/third party). Applications are welcome from NQTs for whom there is a comprehensive training and induction package available.
Please note that safeguarding students of the School is a priority. All appointments to posts in the School are made through stringent adherence to the requirements of ‘Keeping Children safe in Education’. As there is a high degree of contact with children an enhanced disclosure will be sought for this post through the Criminal Records Bureau as part of pre-employment checks.
PLEASE COMPLETE THE ST MARY'S APPLICATION FORM TOGETHER WITH THE CRIMINAL OFFENCES DECALRATION
If you are having difficulty in opening documents, please right click and save onto your computer, then open the document where you have saved it.