About the role
“You are rightly proud that The Marlborough Science Academy is a caring, welcoming school in which pupils are safe and learn in a calm environment.” OFSTED
Maintained as a “Good” School in February 2018
The Marlborough Science Academy
St Albans Herts AL1 2QA
37 hours per week Monday – Friday 52 weeks per year
The Marlborough Science Academy St Albans is looking to appoint a colleague to manage our academy site and facilities and also our site team to promote a clean, healthy and safe environment for all users of the premises, grounds and equipment. You will manage budgets, procurement, contracts and contractors, building projects, services and maintenance. You will also deal on a daily basis with both external and internal stakeholders always employing principles of "best value" and in line with statutory health and safety regulations. In addition, you will be working with the Director of Finance and Resources in facilities planning and the delivery of agreed projects.
This is a middle management post and we are therefore looking for someone who can evidence these skills and operate at this level.
We are looking to appoint a colleague who:
- Has a proven track record of successfully managing a team of people.
- Can demonstrate strong and effective leadership and people management skills
- Has experience of managing a large, community based site; ideally with sport and leisure facilities
- Has proven experience of project management and budgetary planning and analysis
- Has a proven ability to manage external contractors to gain the maximum efficiency and return on investment for the school
- Will work collaboratively with our Lettings Manager in order to deliver an effective service to our local community
- Has an good understanding of Health and Safety legislation
- Can demonstrate high levels of accountability, team working skills and has a flexible and ‘can do’ attitude
We will offer a strong culture of professional development, a fantastic facilities team and the opportunity to be part of a school that is community driven and takes pride in our environment.
If you like the `sound of the above, we want to hear from you.
The school supports and promotes the safeguarding of children and is an equal opportunities employer. References will be requested prior to interview. This vacancy will be subject to an enhanced DBS check and candidates will be required to provide evidence of the right to work in the UK.
Visits prior to application are welcomed and to arrange this please contact Mrs Ann Tyson, HR Assistant on 01727 731395 or email email@example.com
The deadline for applications for this vacancy is 25th November 2019, with the interview date TBC. Application forms and person spec forms to Ann Tyson firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are having difficulty in opening documents, please right click and save onto your computer, then open the document where you have saved it.