About the role
The Governors seek to appoint an inspirational and committed leader who is passionate about promoting and continuing to improve the standards of teaching and learning at their school. The candidate will be ready to steer the school with a skilful and innovative approach through the next stage of its development.
We are a Good school (Ofsted Report May 2018) and are in the process of applying for the GOLD EYQS (Early Years Quality Mark).
We believe strongly in promoting excellence, whilst providing an atmosphere in which our pupils can learn, play, grow and show support to others.
To maintain and continue to improve our standards, the successful candidate will:
- To act as an advocate of inclusive, value driven education and be committed to building upon Our Mission and Vision Statement which is “Sharing, caring, learning and loving with God”
- To be someone who will enjoy the opportunity to work collaboratively with governors to further develop the school’s strategic plan
- To have a very clear understanding of what makes an outstanding school and have the skills and character required to achieve this rating
- Be able to engage, inspire and work within a committed team of teachers, support and administrative staff
- To obtain the best performance for and from our children regardless of their background or ability and fulfil our children’s thirst for knowledge
- To be skilled at making the most of limited resources
- To be accountable for their own performance and that of others
- To recognise and continue to enhance the safeguarding of the school
- Work alongside the diocese and its representatives to maintain and develop the Christian ethos with the school
- Recognises the school’s position within the wider community and is able to communicate our vision to it and all stakeholders.
In return we are a welcoming school whose children are keen to learn. We will offer the successful candidate the chance work in a warm and friendly environment alongside a committed and skilled staff team, a strong leadership team and a supportive governing body. We have wonderful outside facilities including a sports field.
The Baldock Forum is an active association of Heads and Chairs of other schools within the town and surrounding villages offering the chance to share problems and experiences; while these Heads meet regularly to discuss operational issues in the community.
You will also be encouraged and so given the opportunity to broaden and develop your skills and experience.
For further information, please read our Candidate Pack and we would strongly encourage you to come and have a look around our school and feel the warmth of our welcome. This can be arranged by contacting Mrs Linda Waldock, Office Administrator on 01462 892347.
For application queries please contact the Recruitment Team on 01438 845785
To apply please download and complete the attached application form. The latest version of Adobe Acrobat will be required to download and edit the form. If you experience technical difficulties please telephone 01438 845111 Option 1 then Option 6 for Teach in Herts.
Please be advised that CVs will not be accepted.
St Mary’s Infant School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointment to this post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check (DBS).
Closing date: 25th January 2019 at 9am
Shortlisting date: 28th January 2019
Interview date: 6th February 2019
If you are having difficulty in opening documents, please right click and save onto your computer, then open the document where you have saved it.