About the role
Are you ready for your next step in your career?
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an inspiring, ambitious and committed Headteacher to lead Shephalbury Park Primary School on its journey towards outstanding.
Shephalbury Park Primary School is a state maintained Primary and Nursery school in Stevenage, Hertfordshire. With single form entry our school enjoys a warm, homely atmosphere and provides an outstanding opportunity for a leader who is inspirational, innovative, forward thinking and ready for the next step in their career.
Governors are seeking the right person to continue to drive our school on its journey from Good to Outstanding, whilst maintaining our current ethos and vision.
We are committed to providing a happy, safe, fun and secure environment in which every member of the school community - students, staff, parents and governors - feel valued and can flourish. Our new Head will be leading a strong and hardworking team who are open to new and creative ideas to drive continuous improvement.
Our new Head will:
- Have the ability to support, motivate and inspire staff and to communicate a clear vision and direction for the school.
- Have the energy and creativity to drive innovation at the same time as maintaining existing practices that are working effectively.
- Be able to build on the progress made at Shephalbury Park Primary and lead a community where children and staff are enabled to learn and flourish.
- Encourage and motivate children and staff to achieve their highest potential
- Be a dynamic, enthusiastic and positive person to lead us into the future.
We can offer:
- A welcoming and positive school with children who are ready and willing to learn.
- A strong leadership team, hardworking and committed staff and a supportive group of Governors and parents.
- A wealth of training and development opportunities with Herts for Learning including a new Headteacher induction programme.
- A fantastic opportunity for an aspiring or existing leader who is well equipped to bring about the required changes to make a positive impact on teaching and learning.
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed and encouraged.
Please contact the school and our current head, Chelsea Atkins, would be delighted to show you round: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like an informal conversation, please contact our Chair of Governors, Phil Bibby: email@example.com
To apply please download and complete the attached application form.
The latest version of Adobe Acrobat will be required to download and edit the form. If you experience technical difficulties please telephone 01438 845111 Option 1 then Option 6 for Teach in Herts.
Please be advised that CVs will not be accepted.
Important Dates to be aware of:
Closing date: Monday 25th February 2019
Shortlisting date: Thursday 28th February 2019
Interview date: Friday 8th March 2019
Shephalbury Park Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and visitors to share this commitment. This post will require an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check (DBS)
If you are having difficulty in opening documents, please right click and save onto your computer, then open the document where you have saved it.