About the role
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an inspiring, resilient, and committed Headteacher with vision to lead The Grove Junior School in Harpenden, Hertfordshire along its continuing journey of success and achievement. We are looking for an outstanding individual who holds and articulates clear values of inclusion and equality, providing the very best education for the pupils they serve.
Drawing on your own expertise, supported by the Governing body, you will lead through example whilst empowering your staff and collaborating with your team. The Grove Junior School is proud of its positive relationship with the pupils and staff as well as parents and the local community and we wish this legacy to continue.
You will facilitate ambitious standards for all pupils, overcoming disadvantage, advancing equality with equity, and instilling a strong sense of accountability in staff for the impact of their work on their pupils’ outcomes.
Our new Headteacher will be leading an enthusiastic and hardworking team, who are proud of their school. Grove staff are open to new and creative ideas and believe in the potential of every child in their care. We have an ethos of Creativity, Inclusion and Aspiration and any incoming head must be passionate about the broader curriculum, education and wellbeing of the whole child. An understanding of all Primary Key stages, not just Key stage 2 is an added advantage.
The vacancy is due to the retirement of our existing Headteacher after six dedicated and highly successful years at The Grove Junior School. Whilst a September start is preferred, we will look at January 2020 if necessary to enable current Headteachers to apply.
You will bring:
- A wide ranging and successful record of leadership roles.
- A commitment to inclusivity and a passion for progress for all.
- A rigorous approach in identifying pupil achievement gaps and an imaginative approach to the instigation of interventions to address these gaps.
- A desire to maintain and progressively build upon the schools existing caring and nurturing ethos with the welfare of the children and staff at the heart of everything that we do.
- An ability to support, motivate and inspire staff and to communicate a clear vision and direction for the school.
- A willingness to be a visible, positive and approachable presence around the school, with a participatory approach to education.
- A resilient and non judgemental approach which allows for sound and consistent decision making when challenges arise.
- The energy and creativity to drive innovation at the same time as maintaining existing practices that are working effectively.
- A positive mind-set with integrity, humour and vision
We can offer:
- A welcoming and positive school with brilliant children who are fearless, creative, well behaved and willing to learn.
- A happy, sociable and talented school community with an inclusive ethos.
- A dedicated, talented and hard-working staff who are highly motivated to provide our children with stimulating, challenging and creative learning experiences.
- A commitment to your continued professional development.
- An exceptional legacy of The Arts, Music and PE – winning awards throughout the county
- A strong leadership team.
- A supportive group of governors.
Our school was judged as good by Ofsted in March 2017.
Please view our most recent Ofsted report https://reports.ofsted.gov.uk/provider/21/117258 and come and visit the school. We will be delighted to meet you, to show you around and to answer any questions that you may have. Please make an appointment by contacting Katharine Richardson on Krichardsongovernor@grovejm.herts.sch.uk
To apply please send your completed application form (CVs will not be considered) to: email@example.com
If you are downloading the application form please ensure your computer has the latest version of Adobe Acrobat.
Please be advised of the following important dates:
Closing date: Monday 29th April 2019 9am
Shortlisting: Wednesday 1st May 2019
Interview: Thursday 9th May 2019
The Grove Junior School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and visitors to share this commitment. This post will require an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check (DBS)
If you are having difficulty in opening documents, please right click and save onto your computer, then open the document where you have saved it.