About the role
Birchwood Avenue Primary School in Hatfield is centrally located within Hertfordshire. It sits within the original Hatfield Garden Village designated by the New Town council in 1948.
The school exudes a warm and welcoming atmosphere for children and parents and is the heart of the community. Governors and staff are seeking a passionate leader to continue the excellent work of the school and to take it forward on its journey.
Governors are looking for a headteacher who:
- Is an innovative and dynamic leader with the ability to motivate and inspire others with clear and decisive leadership
- Is passionate about developing teaching and learning with high expectations and aspirations to promote and celebrate the achievements of all children.
- Supports staff with continuous improvement and a strong ethos of professional development
- Has strong communication skills and a commitment to further develop a school community of pupils, parents, staff and governors
In return we can offer you:
- Enthusiastic, well behaved children with a love of learning and their school community
- A committed governing body
- Support with your continuing professional development to ensure your success
- A parent community that is very supportive of the school and its aims.
If you are interested in this opportunity at Birchwood Avenue Primary School we highly encourage you to visit our friendly school, meet our children and dedicated staff but we do realise this will be tricky over the Easter holiday period.
We have therefore arranged to hold open mornings shortly after the Easter holidays to help you plan your time out from school. These are being held on:
· Friday 26th April from 9am to 11am and also
· Wednesday 1st May from 9am to 11am
Our current Headteacher Joanna Di-Bella will look forward to showing you her lovely school.
Please call the school office to arrange on our return from the Easter break on Wednesday 24th April on 01707 262503.
Any other queries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01438 845785.
Important Dates to be aware of:
Closing date: Tuesday 7th May at 9am
Shortlisting: Thursday 9th May 2019
Interview: Friday 17th May 2019
For application queries please contact the Recruitment Team on 01438 845785
To apply please download and complete the attached application form. The latest version of Adobe Acrobat will be required to download and edit the form. If you experience technical difficulties please telephone 01438 845111 Option 1 then Option 6 for Teach in Herts.
Please be advised that CVs will not be accepted.
Birchwood Avenue Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointment to this post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check (DBS).
If you are having difficulty in opening documents, please right click and save onto your computer, then open the document where you have saved it.