About the role
A wonderful opportunity has arisen for an inspirational and committed Headteacher to lead St Mary’s CE Primary, Northchurch along its continuing journey of success and achievement. We are a caring, warm and friendly school, where we put children at the heart of everything we do.
We are set in beautiful grounds in a semirural location within Hertfordshire, with excellent transport links bordering Beds and Bucks. The vacancy is due to the retirement of our existing Headteacher after five dedicated and successful years at St Mary’s.
We continue to be a ‘good’ school (Ofsted, September 2017) and achieved the GOLD Award for the RE Quality Mark in July 2016. Our recent SIAMS inspection (April 2019) also highlighted that we are on the road to excellence.
Our dedicated team of staff and governors would like a leader who shares our strong Christian ethos and is passionate about promoting and continuing to improve standards of teaching and learning at our school.
You will be ready to embark on the next stage of your career, with the ambition, experience and skills to provide high quality leadership and management and steer our school through the next stage of its development.
Our governors and staff want a Headteacher who:
- Has a proven track record with high expectations to lead by example.
- Believes in promoting excellence and has the passion and enthusiasm to develop a culture of high achievement.
- Will maintain and further develop the Christian ethos of our school.
- Is ready to lead our school and move us to outstanding.
Our children want a Headteacher who:
- Is strict but kind and fair, friendly, fun and helpful.
- Can help us to achieve our goals and reach our full potential.
- Will give fun assemblies including lots of songs.
- Will provide a caring atmosphere which brings out the best of everyone.
In return we offer:
- A warm and welcoming school with well-behaved pupils who have a zest for learning.
- A stable and strong staff team and SLT.
- A supportive governing body and proactive parent association.
- Strong links with the Parish church and wider school community.
- A commitment to your continued professional development and chance to develop and grow in the role of Headteacher.
We encourage you to come and visit us, meet with our staff and talk with the children. To arrange a visit to the school, please contact the school office at email@example.com or telephone 01442 389040. If you wish to discuss the role please contact the Chair of Governors, Mr Alan Kemp at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a time.
For further information, please read our Candidate Pack.
For application queries please contact the Leadership Recruitment Team on 01438 845785
To apply please download and complete the attached application form. The latest version of Adobe Acrobat will be required to download and edit the form. If you experience technical difficulties please telephone 01438 845111 Option 1 then Option 6 for Teach in Herts.
Please be advised that CVs will not be accepted.
St Mary’s CE School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointment to this post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check (DBS).
Closing Date: Monday 17th June 2019, 9am
Shortlisting: 19th June, 2019
Interviews: Monday, 1st July, 2019
If you are having difficulty in opening documents, please right click and save onto your computer, then open the document where you have saved it.