About the role
Essendon Church of England (VC) Primary School,
let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works,
is Looking for a Caring and Collaborative New Headteacher.
Essendon Church of England (VC) Primary School is small village school set in spacious grounds in a lovely location in rural Hertfordshire. At our last OFSTED inspection we were rated ‘Good’. Our Headteacher is relocating and the governing body is looking to appoint an outstanding and enthusiastic leader who is committed to working in partnership with staff, governors, parents and the wider community in order to build on her achievements.
Are you someone who is:
- a dedicated and open-minded educator willing to embrace the Christian and inclusive ethos of our school;
- passionate, skilled and inspirational with a zeal for teaching, learning and working with children;
- an excellent communicator who is able to develop effective relationships with all school stakeholders;
- a team player that is equally at home on the nursery school carpet as in a Year 6 classroom;
- committed to maintaining and raising standards;
- able to model outstanding classroom practice; and
- committed to nurturing healthy young minds and bodies?
- is a warm, friendly, family oriented village school;
- has well-behaved, inquisitive children from a variety backgrounds both from Essendon village and further afield;
- provides thriving nursery provision;
- has a supportive atmosphere where all school employees are highly valued and work well together as a team;
- has strong links with the local church and community; and
- has large grounds and spacious classrooms.
We will offer you:
- The opportunity to join a successful school and steer it on its journey to excellence whilst gaining personal achievement and job satisfaction.
- Support from a dedicated team of professional staff, a supportive governing body and interested and enthusiastic parents committed to the success of the school.
- And most importantly, a group of diverse and interested children who are eager to learn.
We welcome all applicants: this could equally be an ideal post for someone looking for their first headship or for an experienced Headteacher looking for a new challenge.
Come and visit our school
We are proud of our school and would love you to come and visit us informally. Please telephone Mrs Tina Wilkinson in the school office on 01707 261209 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange.
Applicants should complete the application form, addressing in detail the requirements of the job description and person specification. The closing date for applications is 5pm on Monday 2nd December 2019. All communications (other than to arrange school visits) should be sent to: Lesley Reith, Vice-chair of governors via email@example.com
Your application may, if you wish, be accompanied by a supporting letter; which should not exceed one side of A4. Please do not submit a CV instead of an application form.
Full details of the application process are set out in the Headteacher application pack.
If you are having difficulty in opening documents, please right click and save onto your computer, then open the document where you have saved it.