About the role
Aiming High in all we do!
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a strong, inspiring and forward thinking Headteacher to lead Almond Hill Junior School on its journey towards outstanding. The vacancy has arisen as a result of the retirement of our current Headteacher after over 20 years of dedicated service to our school.
Almond Hill Junior is situated close to the old town of Stevenage, a town which offers a variety of leisure facilities and benefits from excellent transport links into London. It is located in a very pleasant environment with fantastic outside amenities and a large playing field adjacent to a large secondary school and within walking distance of its main feeder infant and nursery school.
The school has recently undergone an expansion and benefits hugely from the addition of a new building Acorn House offering our pupils plenty of opportunity to learn and grow.
We have a community feel achieved through the positive relationships built between school and home. The new Headteacher will be keen to actively enhance those links, building on relationships with local schools and businesses.
Our new Headteacher will be:
- A dynamic and strong leader with proven strategic skills and a forward thinking attitude.
- Committed to leading on the design and implementation of a curriculum which inspires and engages all pupils, so that our children reach their full potential and the highest possible standards in all areas.
- A high level communicator who can provide clear vision and direction to all, for the schools aspirational future.
- A caring and collaborative staff leader who will be able to take staff on board and continue to raise the profile of wellbeing with both staff and pupils.
- Confident in working effectively with governors and parents and being a pivotal part of the school community.
- Self-assured in their knowledge of what good and outstanding schools look like and ready to take innovative steps to move our school forward into the 20s and 30s.
In return we can offer you:
- Happy, safe, welcoming and healthy environment where children learn are respected and valued.
- An exciting stage of development with the recent expansion of our school that will take out school to three form entry by 2021.
- A fantastic blend of old and new facilities, with the recent addition of Acorn House, great outdoor amenities and a large playing field.
- A positive staff team who are keen to embrace new ideas and strengthen the quality of teaching and learning.
- Close links with Letchmore Infants and Nursery School, Barclay Academy, The Thomas Alleyne Academy, St Nicholas Church and Stevenage Sporting Futures and opportunities to build upon and develop further links with local schools and businesses.
- An exciting new challenge to lead Almond Hill on its journey towards outstanding.
If you wish to discuss the role please contact Chair of Governors, Andrew Boakes at firstname.lastname@example.org .
To arrange visits (after 4pm) between now and the end of term, Friday 17th July, please contact the school office at email@example.com .
To arrange visits when the school is open during the summer holidays from Monday 17th August to Friday 28th August (from 8am -3pm), please contact Chair of Governors, Andrew Boakes at firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply please send your completed application form (CVs will not be considered) to: email@example.com .
Please note late applications will not be accepted.
Advert closing: 9am Thursday 10th September, 2020
Shortlisting: Monday 14th September, 2020
Interview: Friday 18th September / Monday 21st September (remote/onsite)
If you are downloading the application form please ensure your computer has the latest version of Adobe Acrobat.
Almond Hill Junior School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointment to this post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check as well as other pre-appointment checks outlined in Keeping Children Safe in Education (September 2019).
If you are having difficulty in opening documents, please right click and save onto your computer, then open the document where you have saved it.