About the role
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an inspiring, motivating and resilient Headteacher to drive our school forward onto the next stage of its journey. Yewtree is a two form entry Primary, serving a diverse range of pupils from 3-11 years. The school itself is situated in Hemel Hempstead, near the town centre which offers a variety of leisure facilities and benefits from the Grand Union Canal connecting Birmingham to London.
Our staff and governors are committed to providing the best possible education so our ambitious children can grow into confident individuals and strive to be the very best they can. We are looking for an aspirational leader who has a vision for Yewtree and can help us achieve this, so we can move our school forward.
The school sits in extensive well-maintained grounds and has phenomenal outdoor space surrounding the buildings offering pupils plenty of opportunity to learn and grow in the fresh air as well as in the classroom.
The new Headteacher will be keen to actively address our key focus areas for development, embrace relationships with local primary schools and become part of local networks.
We are looking for:
- A dynamic and inspiring leader craving a fresh challenge to make an impact on teaching and learning
- A Headteacher who is passionate about motivating children to achieve their highest potential and achieve the best in all areas
- Is self-assured in their knowledge of what good and outstanding schools look like and ready to take innovative steps to move up.
- A caring and collaborative staff leader willing to guide and encourage, but prepared to make tough decisions when needed
- A leader who is confident in working effectively with staff, parents and governors and being a pivotal part of the school community.
In return we can offer you:
- Wonderful enthusiastic children who are ambitious to learn
- A dedicated team of staff, governors and parents
- A well-resourced and spacious setting with modern facilities and extensive grounds
- A commitment to your own professional development and supportive of your wellbeing and work life balance
- An exciting opportunity to lead in shaping the future of our school.
If you would like to find out more, arrange a visit or discuss any aspects of the role please contact Chair of Governors at email@example.com
To arrange a visit, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or contact the school office on 01442 424920. To arrange visits during the school holidays, please contact the Chair of Governors at email@example.com
To apply please send your completed application form (CVs will not be considered) to: firstname.lastname@example.org or apply online via Teach in Herts.
Please note late applications will not be accepted.
Advert closing: Wednesday 9th September 2020 at 9am
Shortlisting: Tuesday 15th September 2020
Interview/s: Wednesday 23rd and Thursday 24th September (remote and on-site)
Yewtree Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointment to this post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check as well as other pre-appointment checks outlined in Keeping Children Safe in Education (September 2019).
If you are having difficulty in opening documents, please right click and save onto your computer, then open the document where you have saved it.