About the role
A unique and flexible opportunity to lead our small but vibrant school has arisen at Benington Primary C of E Primary School from January 2021.
Benington Primary is a small school located within the picturesque village of Benington, in Hertfordshire. Our proximity to Stevenage and Hertford makes us easily accessible for jobseekers from London, Herts and Beds.
We have community links with St Peter’s Church and have established strong working relationships with Benington Nursery Ltd and Aston Village School. We are also proud of our links to the global community through St Mary’s School in India.
We are looking for a caring, passionate forward thinking headteacher who shares our Christian ethos, can shape/ deliver a vision for the further to enhance the strategic direction of our school.
Working closely with all stakeholders – children, staff, governors and parents you will deliver a nurturing and secure environment to ensure that pupils continue to thrive and build upon our strong foundations.
In November 2018 we were judged by Ofsted as Good and we were awarded Outstanding in our church SIAMS inspection. The pupils, staff, governors, and parents currently support our school mission ‘“Inspiring pupils to reach their full potential in our Christian family through trust, respect and care for all”.
Our new Headteacher will:
- Have the proven leadership qualifications, skills and experience to deliver the school’s vision for the future
- Embrace, promote and develop the schools ethos, values and unique character
- Bring energy and passion for teaching and learning with an ability to inspire children and colleagues to achieve their potential
- Be a confident decision maker who will take the initiative and work collaboratively with all stakeholders
- Further develop the School Development Plan in conjunction with the Governing body, with regular reviews of academic result
- Have excellent interpersonal skills and emotional intelligence and be able to communicate effectively with children, staff, and parents
- Have the drive and resilience to lead and implement change
- Have a commitment to the professional development and wellbeing of staff and children
- Implement the school’s firm commitment to an ongoing culture of vigilance around safeguarding.
In return we offer:
- The opportunity to join an open minded Governing Body who will support the development of the school and next Headteacher
- Wonderful pupils who are willing to learn
- A dedicated and motivated staff team
- The opportunity to build on the relationship with parents
- Good working relationships with Benington Nursery Ltd, the Church, local schools and links with the broader community
- Support with your professional development and access to the new Headteacher Induction programme or CPD for existing leaders.
Although we are not able to offer visits at this current time, due to COVID-19 restrictions, we are happy to speak with you about the role. To arrange a call, please email the Chair of Governors, Rab Harley at email@example.com with your contact details and a peferred time to talk.
To apply please send your completed application form (CVs will not be considered) to: firstname.lastname@example.org or apply online via Teach in Herts.
Please note late applications will not be accepted.
Important dates to be aware of:
Advert closing: Monday 14th September 2020 at 9am
Shortlisting: Wednesday 16th September 2020
Interview: Wednesday 23rd and Thursday 24th September (remote an onsite)
Benington C of E Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointment to this post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check as well as other pre-appointment checks outlined in Keeping Children Safe in Education (September 2019).
If you are having difficulty in opening documents, please right click and save onto your computer, then open the document where you have saved it.