About the role
Creativity, Consistency, Celebration
The governors of Kenilworth Primary School are seeking to appoint an inspirational headteacher to lead the continuing development of our school.
Kenilworth was judged as being Requires Improvement in its last Ofsted inspection in June 2018. Since then the school has been on a journey to improve we are looking for someone to continue the progress already made.
To learn more about our school please take a moment to visit our website: https://www.kenilworthprimary.com/
Borehamwood is a diverse and growing community. Our school is justly proud of its place in the heart of the local community and has been successfully educating children for over 60 years. The school has a strong, well led team of staff, many of whom are long serving, who are committed to ensuring their pupils achieve their potential whatever their starting points. The children in the school develop into happy, confident, socially aware independent learners who leave the school well prepared for the next stage of their journey in education.
The school supports a range of extra-curricular activities as well as before and after school provision. We are looking now for a full time committed individual with the commitment and vision to lead the school through these uncertain times without losing sight of our key vision and ethos. Whilst, at the same time, offering fresh ideas and insights to ensure the best outcomes for our children.
You will bring:
- A successful record of leadership roles.
- A commitment to inclusivity and a passion for raising standards.
- A rigorous approach in identifying pupil achievement gaps and an imaginative approach to the instigation of interventions to address these gaps.
- A desire to maintain and progressively build upon the schools existing caring and nurturing ethos with the welfare of the children and staff at the heart of everything that we do.
- An ability to support, motivate and inspire staff and to communicate a clear vision and direction for the school.
- A willingness to be a visible, positive and approachable presence around the school, fostering a collegiate spirit throughout the community.
- A resilient and clear headed approach which allows for sound and consistent judgement when challenges arise.
- The energy and creativity to drive the school forward.
We can offer:
- A dedicated, talented and hard-working staff who are highly motivated to provide our children with stimulating, challenging and memorable learning experiences.
- A welcoming and positive school with children who are ready and willing to learn.
- A commitment to your continued professional development.
- A strong leadership team.
- A supportive and committed governing board.
Please view our most recent Ofsted Report and come and visit the school. For full information, including the job brief and person specification please download a copy of the application pack. (Please ensure you have the latest version of Adobe Acrobat installed on your computer).
We warmly invite you to visit our school. To arrange a suitable date and time please telephone Jenny McGarty on 0208 953 3549 or during the school holidays please contact the Chair of Governors, Anil Mepani, at email@example.com
For an informal conversation about the role please contact the Chair of Governors.
To apply, please either send your completed application form (CVs will not be considered) to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply online via Teach in Herts.
Please note late applications will not be accepted.
Please be advised of the following important dates:
Closing date: Thursday 3rd September 2020
Shortlisting date: Monday 7th September 2020
Interview dates: Monday 14th and Tuesday 15th September 2020 (remote and onsite)
If you are having difficulty in opening documents, please right click and save onto your computer, then open the document where you have saved it.