About the role
Positively Working together to Succeed
Do you have the drive, enthusiasm and relevant experience to move our school to the next stage of its development? In recruiting a new Head Teacher, we are seeking someone who shares the school vision and ethos for fostering a supportive, creative, collaborative and active learning culture and who can build on the strong school leadership with a committed team of teachers, support and administrative staff and supportive Governing Body.
Our current headteacher is leaving to use her experience and skill set to fulfil a new role within the education sector.
Priors Wood is well regarded within Ware and has a long-standing reputation for being a happy, nurturing school. We are a GOOD school (OFSTED 2016) starting from strong EYFS provision that builds the foundation to provide a well-rounded education to all our pupils, including children with a range of learning and behavioral needs.
Priors Wood is currently a one form entry Primary School with approximately 200 pupils. There are seven classes taught as separate age groups, one Foundation Stage (Reception and Nursery) two Key Stage 1 (Years 1 & 2) and four Key Stage 2 (Years 3,4,5 & 6).
We are looking for a candidate who will:
- Be able to lead and inspire a committed team of teachers, support and administrative staff and work with the Governing Body to set the vision for the next stages in the school’s development
- Have a resilient and clear-headed approach which allows for sound and consistent judgment when challenges arise
- Have a collaborative and distributive approach to leadership along with the skills and experience to drive our school forward
- Continue to enable our children regardless of their needs, background or ability to achieve their full academic, physical and social potential
- Build on our school ethos of fostering a supportive, creative, collaborative and active learning culture
- Provide leadership in the meaningful use of school progress and achievement data and provide reports to stakeholders that demonstrate the effectiveness of the school teaching strategies
- Set and manage the budget ensuring that resources are efficiently and effectively used
- Maintain and build upon the effective partnerships with the Governing body, Hertford & Ware Consortium and the local community
What we can offer:
- The opportunity to work in an aspirational and nurturing environment alongside dedicated and skilled staff with a strong leadership team and a knowledgeable and supportive Governing Body
- A school with robust, meaningful and effective pupil progress monitoring processes in place and embedded within everyday practice
- A commitment to your continued professional development and regular evaluation of your wellbeing to ensure you are achieving a healthy work/life balance
- Forecasted opportunity (2022-27) to project manage the school’s expansion with East Herts District plan – Ware Housing Development
Our school was judged as GOOD by Ofsted in April 2016. Please view our most recent Ofsted report https://files.ofsted.gov.uk/v1/file/2566643.
We strongly encourage interested applicants to come and visit our school. Appropriate arrangements can be made for a safe visit, this will need to be in the week beginning 14th September. Please make an appointment by contacting the Priors Wood School office on 01920 464135 or via email email@example.com
To apply please send your completed application form (CVs will not be considered) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Thursday 24th September 2020, 9am
Shortlisting date: Monday 28th September 2020
Interview dates: Thursday 8th and Friday 9th October 2020
Please note late applications will not be accepted.
Priors Wood Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and visitors to share this commitment. This post will require an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check (DBS)
If you are having difficulty in opening documents, please right click and save onto your computer, then open the document where you have saved it.