About the role
Weston Way Nursery School are seeking to appoint an inspirational Head teacher with a passion for Early Years education to deliver our vision of supporting children to develop a love of learning through the provision of high quality early years’ education.
Located in the historic market town of Baldock in North Hertfordshire, Weston Way is a nursery that has worked hard to develop its profile within the community through forging closer links with playgroups, schools and other groups and organisations.
Through these foundations we have built an environment where we have held an Outstanding Ofsted rating since the current system came into being and, more importantly, where we have evolved to meet the needs of our children and the local community and to ensure all children get the opportunity to flourish.
The Head teacher is critical in developing, driving and delivering the School’s vision for the school, which includes:
· To continue to focus on children’s positive strengths, which enable them to experience success and develop self-confidence and self-esteem.
· To raise our nursery profile within the Baldock Community through forging closer links with playgroups, schools and other groups and organisations.
· To endeavour to meet the government expectations to provide extended provision for those children eligible to attend the nursery and their families.
· To work with other schools in Baldock and the surrounding villages to support the Extended Schools’ Agenda and the Children’s Centre.
· To maintain the nursery practice of inclusion for all children.
· To use data analysis to continually challenge and improve our teaching and learning.
· To implement the Early Years Foundation Stage, Every Child Matters and Change for Children Strategy throughout the Nursery Curriculum.
· To encourage and support all members of staff with their professional development.
We are looking for an outstanding individual with a passion for Early Years Education who can drive the school through the evolution and delivery of the school development plan. The successful candidate will be motivated by securing a good start for our children and care about our place in the heart of the local community.
Good communication skills are critical to success in this role. We have a very established and engaged staff group who are encouraged to add their voices to the direction of the school so it is critical that the new leader of the school can continue to enthuse and inspire and can take a transparent, inclusive and mentoring approach to leadership.
The nature of our school requires that we are able to support the needs of cohorts for the year that they are with us. As such, our new Head teacher will also be flexible and adaptable in their approach and able to delegate to the team to ensure these needs are met.
Above all else our ideal Head teacher will be an enthusiastic and relationship focussed leader who is able to embody the community approach that characterises Weston Way and who can continue to maintain continuous improvement and outstanding outcomes for children.
In return we can offer you:
• The opportunity to work with highly committed and trained Early Years professionals
• A genuine commitment to staff wellbeing.
• An engaged community and genuinely supportive parents and governors.
• A collaborative and supportive school cluster.
• A financially stable school with a healthy budget.
• To undertake the New Headteacher Induction programme or tailored CPD for an experienced Head.
• A salary commensurate with skills and experience.
If you are interested in this opportunity at Weston Way Nursery School we highly encourage you to visit our friendly school and speak to Governors, the current Head and talk to the children and answer any questions you may have.
To arrange a visit to the school, please contact the current Head teacher, Mrs Jane Millett, on 01462 892172.
To apply please send your completed application form (CVs will not be considered) to: email@example.com or apply online via https://www.teachinherts.com/
Please note late applications will not be accepted.
Closing Date: Thursday 1st October 2020 at 9:00am
Shortlisting Date: Tuesday 6th October 2020
Interview Date: Monday 12th and Tuesday 13th October 2020 (remote and onsite)
Weston Way Nursery School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointment to this post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check as well as other pre-appointment checks outlined in Keeping Children Safe in Education (September 2019).
If you are having difficulty in opening documents, please right click and save onto your computer, then open the document where you have saved it.