About the role
The children, staff and Governors of Norton St Nicholas Primary School wish to appoint a Headteacher who is every bit as unique as our friendly, welcoming school. We are looking for an enthusiastic and inspiring leader who can encourage and inspire every child (and staff member) to reach their full potential, guided by a Christian ethos.
The successful candidate will:
- Be committed to inclusivity and safeguarding, putting the welfare of children above all else.
- Embrace our Christian values and think creatively about ways to help every St Nicks child to flourish.
- Show a willingness to be an approachable, positive presence within the school and around our local community.
- Have experience in successfully leading a school, helping to achieve its existing goals and looking ahead to set new ones.
- Be resilient, resourceful and flexible.
- Be an excellent communicator in order to develop a trusting and mutually respectful relationship with our children, staff, Governors, parents, the Church family and the wider local community.
We can offer the successful candidate:
- Around 240 talented and friendly children who are looking forward to meeting you.
- A dedicated, hard-working staff team who are motivated and passionate about nurturing and educating our children so that they may grow up to lead caring and successful lives.
- A school which was judged “Good” by Ofsted in 2017, and “Outstanding” by SIAMS in the same year.
- A supportive group of Governors, who believe passionately in the importance of continued professional development and staff wellbeing.
- A salary of £54,091 - £62,570 (L11 - L17).
Closing date for Applications: Monday 5th October 2020 at 9am
Shortlisting: Wednesday 7th October 2020
Interviews: Wednesday 21st October 2020
Start Date: We can be flexible for the right candidate; January or April 2021.
Please note that late applications will not be accepted.
Whilst we would normally wholeheartedly recommend visiting our school, it is obviously challenging to do so at present. If you contact the school office on 01462 623322, we will do our best to facilitate a safe visit, in line with our new Visitors Policy. Alternatively, a short video tour of our school is available on our website under Vacancies.
To request an application pack, please contact Karen Brigham on the above number, email email@example.com or download the pack online at www.teachinherts.com .
To apply please send your completed application form (CVs will not be considered) to: firstname.lastname@example.org CVs will not be considered.
Norton St Nicholas Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointment to this post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check as well as other pre-appointment checks outlined in Keeping Children Safe in Education (September 2020).
If you are having difficulty in opening documents, please right click and save onto your computer, then open the document where you have saved it.