About the role
At Central Primary School we are looking for a new and inspiring individual to lead our school community from its current strong and successful performance through to its next phase of development and growth.
Our school is a vibrant learning community for children and staff which will capture your heart. We are passionate about life-long learning and if you join us as our new Headteacher our Governing Body will support your own professional learning while you support our school community. We are looking for your potential as a leader, someone who can demonstrate the ability and imagination to help us build on our successes and achievements and take us forward as a school. You might be an existing Headteacher looking to take on a new challenge or perhaps you are a Deputy Headteacher or Senior Leader who is looking to take your next step into whole school leadership. If you are passionate about teaching and learning then we would love to hear from you.
We are a community primary school, situated in a beautiful Victorian building, in the heart of Watford. Our school building, opened in 1884, is the one of the oldest in Watford and has always been used for the education of children. We look forward to receiving your application and showing you around our fantastic school.
Our new Headteacher:
· An innovative and dynamic leader with the ability to motivate and inspire others.
· An individual who knows what excellent looks like and can lead and inspire us in the next phase of our school’s development.
· A leader who can work with us to build our professional learning environment through development of staff.
· A great communicator who can build rapport with children, parents, staff and governors to create an inclusive and aspirational learning culture for all.
In return we can offer you:
· A staff body who have a growth mind-set, love learning, and are keen to embrace new ideas.
· Happy children who enjoy being part of their school.
· Supportive parents and strong partnerships in the local community.
· A committed and active governing body.
· Access to CPD, the new Headteacher induction programme and a professional partner with Herts for Learning.
Please come and visit our school. We will be delighted to meet you, show you round and to answer any questions that you may have. If you wish to arrange a visit, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or ring the school office on 01923 225129.
If you wish to discuss the role in more detail, please contact Kay Richards, Chair of Governors via the school office.
To apply please send your completed application form (CVs will not be considered) to: email@example.com or apply online via https://www.teachinherts.com/
Please note late applications will not be accepted.
Advert closing: Monday 5th October 2020
Shortlisting: Thursday 8th October 2020
Interview: Monday 19th October (remote) and Wednesday 21st October 2020 (onsite)
Central Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointment to this post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check as well as other pre-appointment checks outlined in Keeping Children Safe in Education (September 2020).
If you are having difficulty in opening documents, please right click and save onto your computer, then open the document where you have saved it.