About the role
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an inspiring, resilient, and dynamic Headteacher with vision to lead Woolenwick Junior School to become a good and outstanding school.
We are looking for a vibrant individual who can work well under pressure and able to adapt to challenging circumstances, taking robust decisions in the best interests of pupils. You will have a strong sense of moral purpose with the child being at the centre. You will relish turning challenging situations into positive outcomes. Our new Headteacher will be leading an enthusiastic and hardworking team, who are proud of their school and open to new and creative ideas and who believe in the potential of every child in their care.
You will bring:
- A successful record of leadership roles.
- A commitment to inclusivity and a passion for raising standards.
- A rigorous approach in identifying pupil achievement gaps and an imaginative approach to the instigation of interventions to address these gaps.
- A desire to maintain and progressively build upon the schools existing caring and nurturing ethos with the welfare of the children and staff at the heart of everything that we do.
- An ability to support, motivate and inspire staff and to communicate a clear vision and direction for the school.
- A willingness to be a visible, positive and approachable presence around the school, fostering a collegiate spirit throughout the community.
- A resilient and clear headed approach which allows for sound and consistent judgement when challenges arise.
- The energy and creativity to drive the school forward.
We can offer:
- A dedicated, talented and hard-working staff who are highly motivated to provide our children with stimulating, challenging and memorable learning experiences.
- A welcoming and positive school with children who are ready and willing to learn.
- A commitment to your continued professional development.
- A strong leadership team.
- A supportive and committed governing board.
Our school was judged as “Requires Improvement” with “Good” for behaviour and attitudes by Ofsted in February 2020.
Please view our most recent Ofsted report and come and visit the school. We will be delighted to meet you, to show you around and to answer any questions that you may have. Please make an appointment by contacting the school administrator, Justine Terry on Justine@woolenwickjm.herts.sch.uk
To apply please send your completed application form (CVs will not be considered) to: firstname.lastname@example.org or apply online via Teach in Herts.
Please be advised of the following important dates:
Closing date: Monday 16th November 2020 at 9am
Shortlisting: Thursday 26th November 2020
Interview: Thursday 3rd December (first interview) and Friday 11th December 2020 (second interview)
Please note late applications will not be considered.
Woolenwick Junior School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointment to this post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check as well as other pre-appointment checks outlined in Keeping Children Safe in Education (September 2020)
If you are having difficulty in opening documents, please right click and save onto your computer, then open the document where you have saved it.