About the role
“Excellence, Creativity, Individuality!”
At Margaret Wix we are looking for an inspiring, passionate and proactive Headteacher to lead our small and vibrant school onto the next stage of our journey. We are looking for someone who is collaborative, full of ideas and is committed to building on our successes yet driving forward new initiatives.
Margaret Wix is a single form entry primary based in St Albans serving a range of pupils from 3-11 years. We are proud of our rich multicultural mix, have a fantastic large green site with lots of outdoor space and are a welcoming and supportive school with a family feel.
You might be an existing Headteacher looking to take on a new challenge or perhaps a Deputy Headteacher or Senior Leader who is looking to take your next step into whole school leadership. If you are passionate about teaching and learning then we would love to hear from you.
We continue to be a Good school where ‘leaders are passionate in their desire to provide a curriculum that motivates and inspires pupils to learn’ (Ofsted 2019) and which we believe meets the needs of our diverse range of pupils extremely well, catering for children with SEND and a range of learning needs.
Our new Headteacher will:
- Be a confident decision maker who will take the initiative and have a forward thinking attitude.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills and emotional intelligence and be able to communicate effectively with children, staff, parents and other stakeholders.
- Be a passionate advocate for the school and raise our profile within the St Alban Community through forging closer links with nurseries, schools and other groups and organisations in the area.
- Be determined to ensure our pupils make excellent academic progress in all areas, whilst remaining committed to developing the whole child.
- Hold a resilient and clear headed approach which allows for sound and consistent judgement when challenges arise.
- Be able to take responsibility for the management elements of running a school including budgetary control, premises management and performance management of staff.
In return we can offer you:
- A welcoming and positive school with children who are ready and willing to learn.
- Dedicated, talented and hard-working staff who are highly motivated to provide our children with stimulating, challenging and memorable learning experiences.
- A commitment to your continued professional development.
- A supportive, committed and active governing board.
To see a video made for our virtual Parents Open Day please follow: https://www.margaretwix.herts.sch.uk/admissions/
We would be delighted to discuss this role with you. If you would like to do so, please contact our Chair of Governors, Val Male at email@example.com to arrange a time.
To arrange a visit to our school, please contact Mrs Barbara Abbot at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01727 759232.
To apply, please either send your completed application form (CVs will not be considered) to email@example.com or apply online via Teach in Herts. We look forward to receiving your application.
Please note late applications will not be accepted.
Advert closing: Tuesday 13 April at 9am
Shortlisting: Friday 16 April
Interview: Monday 26th April (On site)
Margaret Wix School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointment to this post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check as well as other pre-appointment checks outlined in Keeping Children Safe in Education (September 2020).
If you are having difficulty in opening documents, please right click and save onto your computer, then open the document where you have saved it.