About the role
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an inspiring, enthusiastic, and committed Headteacher with vision to lead Jenyns First School and Nursery along its continuing journey of success and achievement. We are a small village school with a thriving local community. Our children are taught in mixed-age classes and are encouraged to support, help and motivate each other to learn and grow. We are looking for an outstanding individual who can work well under pressure and able to adapt to challenging circumstances, taking robust decisions in the best interests of pupils. You will have a strong sense of moral purpose with the child being at the centre. Our new Headteacher will be leading an enthusiastic and hardworking team, who are proud of their school and open to new and creative ideas and who believe in the potential of every child in their care. The vacancy is due to the relocation of our existing Headteacher.
You will bring:
- An ability to support, motivate and inspire staff and to communicate a clear vision and direction for the school.
- A visible, positive and approachable presence around the school, fostering a collegiate spirit throughout the community.
- A resilient and clear headed approach which allows for sound and consistent judgment when challenges arise.
- The energy and creativity to drive innovation at the same time as maintaining existing practices that are working effectively.
- A commitment to inclusivity and a passion for raising standards.
- A rigorous approach in identifying pupil achievement gaps and an imaginative approach to the instigation of interventions to address these gaps.
- A desire to maintain and progressively build upon the schools existing caring and nurturing ethos with the welfare of the children and staff at the heart of everything that we do.
We can offer:
- A welcoming and positive school with children who are ready and willing to learn.
- A dedicated, talented and hard-working staff who are highly motivated to provide our children with stimulating, challenging and memorable learning experiences.
- A commitment to your continued professional development.
- A strong leadership team.
- A supportive group of governors.
Our school was judged as “outstanding in all areas” by Ofsted in June 2017
Please contact us to discuss further or to arrange a visit to the school. We will be delighted to meet you, to show you around and to answer any questions that you may have.
Please enquire to Jo Knott, Chair of Governors at email@example.com
Jenyns First School and Nursery is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and visitors to share this commitment. This post will require an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check (DBS)
Please be advised of the following important dates:
Closing date: 13th April
Shortlisting: 15th April
Interview: 22nd/ 23rd April
If you are having difficulty in opening documents, please right click and save onto your computer, then open the document where you have saved it.