About the role
Where: Tring, Hertfordshire
Salary: L8 – L21
Start date: September 2021
Closing date: 28th April 2021
Shortlisting: 10th May, 2021
Interview: Thursday 13th May 2021
The Governors of Dundale Primary School & Nursery are seeking to appoint a highly motivated and passionate Headteacher who will drive forward rapid improvements in achievement whilst building on our school's existing strengths. This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious school leader with the skills and expertise to build on our school's potential for rapid improvement.
Dundale is a single form entry community school with approximately 200 pupils and a vision that all children thrive, love learning and develop resilient foundations for success in life as positive members of society.
It is anticipated that we will be joining the Ridgeway Learning Partnership from September 2021. Being part of the Ridgeway Learning Partnership will not only give our new Headteacher the opportunity to develop their career but the necessary local support and expertise to raise both standards of teaching and learning and pupil attainment.
We are looking to appoint a Headteacher who has:
- A commitment to the wellbeing of all members of our school community.
- A passion for education, inclusion, and continuing improvement.
- High expectations of our children's attainment and behaviour.
- Excellent communication skills and the integrity and empathy to build and maintain positive relationships within our school, local, and trust community.
- A proven track record as an excellent classroom practitioner, who leads by example with the skills and knowledge to effectively motivate, develop and inspire our brilliant teachers and support staff.
- A commitment to collaborative school improvement, with a track record of raising both pupil attainment and standards of teaching and learning.
- The ability to make and implement difficult decisions and who is unafraid of challenge.
In return, we will offer you:
- A welcoming and well-resourced school with extensive facilities and grounds.
- A dedicated and responsive staff team who are committed to supporting the pupils and each other.
- Enthusiastic pupils who are proud of their school and are excited by learning.
- An experienced and supportive Governing body who work hard for the school.
- Commitment to your professional development.
- A school with the ambition to continue to improve at pace and contribute fully to the development and success of the Ridgeway Learning Partnership.
We welcome applications from serving headteachers, heads of school, deputies and assistant head teachers who feel they have the knowledge, skills and attributes to take this opportunity and join our wonderful school community.
A site visit to experience the school first-hand is encouraged but, if not possible due to COVID-19 restrictions, we will be offering the opportunity to have an informal discussion with a senior leader and / or governor. Please contact the Office Manager, Mrs. Trudi Fryer on 01442 822421 or email email@example.com for further information.
If you are downloading the application form, please ensure your computer has the latest version of Adobe Acrobat.
Dundale Primary School & Nursery is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and visitors to share this commitment. This post will require an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check
If you are having difficulty in opening documents, please right click and save onto your computer, then open the document where you have saved it.