About the role
An adventurous environment where curiosity is developed, independence is nurtured and a happy community is rooted in Christian values.
This is an exciting opportunity for an inspirational leader to take on a successful school, providing an inclusive education for all and implement their vision to develop and steer its future. In recruiting a new Headteacher we are seeking someone who can share and deliver our vision and ethos. The successful candidate will have the drive, enthusiasm and relevant experience to move our school to the next stage of its development.
St Bartholomew’s Church of England Primary School is a popular and successful school at the heart of the village of Wigginton. We are a happy, inclusive, and welcoming school, which enjoys close links with St Bartholomew’s Church.
We are looking for a Headteacher who will:
- Be an inspiring leader who can develop a strategy to implement our ambition
- Support the delivery of an enriching and challenging curriculum to create inquisitive, inspired and independent learners
- Create a nurturing and inclusive environment, embedding the Christian values of the school and enabling all pupils to learn and grow to their full potential
- Develop staff at every level, creating distributed leadership across the school
Our school would offer you:
- “a very inclusive atmosphere” (SIAMS 2018)
- Enthusiastic children who love learning
- Interested and engaged parents committed to the success of the school.
- A committed and skilled staff team
- A dedicated and supportive Governing Body
- Strong and established links with the local church and community
- A school in a strong financial position
- The opportunity to lead a successful school
We welcome all applicants: this could be an ideal post for someone looking for their first headship with a strong record of leadership experience.
For further information about our school, please visit our website: https://www.stbarts.herts.sch.uk/
Applicants are invited to visit the school during the week commencing 12th September. To arrange your visit, or to discuss the role please contact Chair of Governors, Charis Geoghegan, at email@example.com to arrange a time.
If you are excited by the opportunity, we look forward to hearing from you.
Please apply online via Teach in Herts.
Closing date for applications: 21st September 2022 at 9.00am
Shortlisting: 26th September 2022
Interview: 4th October 2022
Please note late applications will not be accepted.
St Bartholomew’s is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointment to this post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check as well as other pre-appointment checks outlined in Keeping Children Safe in Education (September 2021).
To help us meet our high standards and aspirations of a fully diverse and inclusive workplace, we strongly encourage suitably qualified applicants from all backgrounds to apply and to join us.
If you are having difficulty in opening documents, please right click and save onto your computer, then open the document where you have saved it.