About the role
About the role
St Helen’s is a Church of England primary school with 332 pupils on roll. It is a calm, welcoming and vibrant community with committed staff, supportive parents and enthusiastic children who are keen to learn and help one another. We are seeking a candidate who is a reflective practitioner, highly motivated and a dynamic leader, committed to continuous school improvement.
St Helen’s is an Ofsted rated good school and we seek a collegiate leader or leaders who will help us move towards ‘outstanding’ at an appropriate pace, while remaining a diverse and loving community.
If you are a Deputy Head ready to take the step into headship or an existing Head looking for a change of school and challenge, we welcome your application. We are open to applications for Co-Heads or Part-time Heads.
We are looking for a candidate who will inspire, support and nurture teachers to aim for outstanding teaching, whilst delivering a curriculum which excites our children and staff. We have a commitment to a broad and balanced education.
The successful candidate will:
- Have a collegiate and nurturing approach to leadership, with a proven track record of carrying others with them;
- Have the ability to articulate a clear and attractive vision for the school;
- Be an outstanding communicator able to work, respond to and share information with our various stakeholders;
- Be kind, compassionate and supportive to adults without exception;
- Be a dynamic and proactive practitioner, able to develop the curriculum and be flexible in order to promote the school’s priorities as well as keeping in step with the changing educational landscape;
- Understand and be keen to develop the distinctive nature of a Church of England school, working with the church and the community in order to do so; and
- Have a nurturing and therapeutic approach to behaviour and welfare.
We are able to offer:
- A school that promotes continuous professional development for its staff;
- An engaged staff team, who are passionate about the school, enthusiastic about developing the wider curriculum and keen to refine and share best practice;
- Children who love to learn and love their school;
- An engaged parent body who are involved in a very positive way in the education of their children;
- Experienced Governors with a range of expertise, who play an active role in supporting the leadership of the school; and
- The support of St Helen’s Church and the wider village community.
We welcome and strongly encourage you to visit our school before making an application.
Please contact Andrea Lennard in the school office to arrange your visit by calling 01582 832106 or emailing email@example.com.
The school is committed to safeguarding children and young people. All post holders are subject to a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
If you are having difficulty in opening documents, please right click and save onto your computer, then open the document where you have saved it.