About the role
We are looking for a highly skilled, enthusiastic and hardworking Higher Level Teaching Assistant to join our staff team from January 2024.
The successful candidate will work across Key Stage 2, providing booster lessons and some whole class cover for teachers’ PPA and leadership time throughout the week. In January 2024, you will be part of our Year 5 team and will be led and supported by the Assistant Headteacher. We are looking to employ a candidate for 37 hours per week from 8:30am to 4:00pm. However, candidates looking for a part-time position during these hours are also encouraged to apply.
You will also:
- inspire and motivate pupils to make progress in their learning and achieve their potential
- have high expectations for all pupils in terms of achievement and behaviour
- have excellent communication skills
- be able to deliver (and plan some) of the curriculum with support from class teachers and the SENCo
We can offer:
- a fun-loving and hard-working staff team
- well behaved children who are keen and eager to learn
- a vibrant learning community supported by wonderful parents and governors
- an experienced mentor
- excellent training and opportunities for further professional development
Ashfield Juniors is a renowned school in Bushey steeped in history and tradition. We were delighted to be awarded a ‘Good’ rating by Ofsted in June 2023, this recognises the hard work and progress made by all in the school. Prospective candidates are encouraged to read the full report available on our website at Ofsted – Ashfield Junior School. This is an exciting time to join Ashfield Junior School as, founded on our values and a belief to ’dream big', we continue on our journey towards ‘Outstanding’. Visits to the school are encouraged and we would love to meet you. Please contact the school office to arrange a mutually convenient time to meet the Headteacher, staff and pupils.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people; therefore, all of the necessary checks will be performed on shortlisted candidates, which may include online searches. An enhanced DBS check will be carried out on the successful candidate.
We reserve the right to close the post early should a suitable applicant be found.
If you are having difficulty in opening documents, please right click and save onto your computer, then open the document where you have saved it.