About the role
Robert Barclay Academy – Hoddesdon
Higher Level Teaching Assistant
Term Time + INSET Days
37 hours per week
Salary per annum H4 £21,000
Start date January 24
Robert Barclay Academy is looking to appoint a dedicated Higher-Level Teaching Assistant. In the past 2 years the academy has been oversubscribed; making it an exciting time to join the team.
Key Area’s of Responsibility
- Leading on a specific area of SEND by setting student targets, planning and delivering high quality intervention.
- Supporting colleagues within the learning support team to deliver intervention and provide support to students, ensuring high quality and consistency.
- Demonstrating an informed and efficient approach to SEND support by adopting relevant strategies to ensure targeted students make progress.
- Working with small groups of children or supporting whole classes, under the direction of the SENDCo.
- Leading other support staff in ensuring high quality support for children with SEND, as well as other groups of children being supported in the classroom.
- Reporting to the class teacher and SENDCo, creating a ‘joined up’ approach to the support of pupils with a variety of needs including learning, behavioural, communication, social, sensory or physical difficulties and medical needs.
- Post holders will support the school to fulfil its responsibilities under the SEN Code of Practice.
If you have a ‘can do’ attitude and can offer the team excellent communication skills, show intuition within a range of everyday task and activities and want to support the needs of the pupils with flair; this could be the role for you.
If you are interested in joining us at this exciting time please see our website for further details: https://www.robertbarclayacademy.co.uk/391/current-vacancies-2 or contact HR@scholarseducationtrust.co.uk or on 01727 734424. CVs will not be accepted.
Diversity: Scholars’ Education Trust is fully committed to the principles of equal opportunity, diversity and inclusion. We want to attract and retain the very best staff in all areas of the trust, ensuring our staff body reflects the diversity of our students and local community.
Closing date: 9am Monday 11 December 2023
We reserve the right to make an appointment before the closing date, so early applications are encouraged.
Scholars’ Education Trust is an equal opportunities employer. The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure Barring Service.
If you are having difficulty in opening documents, please right click and save onto your computer, then open the document where you have saved it.